General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
FamousAmos wrote:Which generation is our flyers?

Silent Generation......
They were made by Bisch-Rocco in 1935.
By gabed
I imagine enthusiasts’ opinions influence about 0.01% of all corporate and park decisions. That said I can’t imagine we had anything to do with this and unless I’m mistaken it’s not like the GP was begging for them to return this year. Odd, I was kind of hoping that they would hold off until 2019 to bring them back to make things really exciting for next year. But alas, here’s to lots of cycles on Flying Eagles this summer!
By coasterbruh
Plot twist . . . the guide was updated before the decision to not bring them back was made?
By gabed
It’s certainly possible, it is weird that the park hasn’t made any official statements stating that the ride will return. Seems like something you’d do when the season starts in less than 48 hours.
By Chris
gabed wrote:It’s certainly possible, it is weird that the park hasn’t made any official statements stating that the ride will return. Seems like something you’d do when the season starts in less than 48 hours.

They have made two announcements.
During the off season, they said the ride will return in 2018.
On the 2018 Guest Assistance Guide, it says "Coming Soon" (as in, it will open during the 2018 season, but not with the rest of the park).

https://cdn-cloudfront.cfauthx.com/bina ... -guide.pdf
By RollerBee
I have yet to see announcement from Carowinds that Flyers will reopen in 2018, the last offical word they gave to my knowledge was 2019.
By Carowindsman
I just saw on a zoning. Flyers wont be back until 2020. It will be in between the parking lot and hotels.......
By Chris
RollerBee wrote:I have yet to see announcement from Carowinds that Flyers will reopen in 2018, the last offical word they gave to my knowledge was 2019.

FamousAmos wrote:I thought I heard 2019 as well at one point.

I guess you two somehow missed that link I posted?
By FamousAmos
No, I saw it, but I remember Chris posting on twitter the new location and that it would be installed in 2019. Even heard him say it in a live construction tour about four weeks ago. I know I didn't just imagine that.

EDIT:
I correct myself, it was an instagram post.
But I still remember hearing him say in a live construction tour that it was for 2019. But that was several weeks ago.

EDIT2: on page 2 of this thread someone posted a screenshot of where the gliders were going to be installed at least.

EDIT 3:
Wait, the livestream was a news outlet that was there, apparently they heard incorrectly about both the carousel and the gliders.
By RollerBee
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:I have yet to see announcement from Carowinds that Flyers will reopen in 2018, the last offical word they gave to my knowledge was 2019.

This link, https://m.facebook.com/ridesmuseum/post ... 2031017317 ?

That isn’t from Carowinds, they are making an assumption.
By Thrill Capture
RollerBee wrote:
Chris wrote:

This link, https://m.facebook.com/ridesmuseum/post ... 2031017317 ?

That isn’t from Carowinds, they are making an assumption.

That is from Carowinds. It's on their Guest Assistance Guide for 2018.