General Carowinds discussion
By Koallinbear
Any Pictures of the new slides, Surfer's Swell or Dorsal Fin Drop, can be posted here. I thought this thread was necessary because I'm really curious about what they will look like. :crazy: I may add that Dorsal Fin is your basic bowl waterslide and Surfers Swell is a some wave catcher type slide but I may be incorrect on at one.
By Jay
Unfortunately the new slides are in such a place where they are near impossible to get good pictures of, unless you do some illegal POV action, which I don't recommend. The best places to check are probably the official Carowinds Facebook and Twitters accounts. I might try to go to the park Friday, and will see what I can dig up then.
By Dom497
tylerSC wrote:
Capler wrote:Has anyone looked at the bus parking lot for markings or is that area fenced off as well? Anyway, I'm waiting to hear from the folk who spy on the plant in Ohio.

Yes I am waiting to hear what may be going on at that steel factory in Ohio as well. But are they exclusively contracted with B&M, or would they manufacture for Intamin as well?

They only roller coaster's they've ever made are some Arrow Loopers and B&M's. I believe Intamin has another plant anyway some where in the US.
By CPFriedman
The waterslide pieces were actually on the opposite side of Thunder Road when I went. It was to the left of the ride if you're going up the lift hill. (This was on April 12)
By swampfox43
Merthecat wrote:Also, is that a fresh coat of paint on Vortex? It looks brighter than I remember...

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe that 32 hour rainfall gave it a good cleanin'. It sure looked shiny and new though.

Nice video wormy! Hate I couldn't make it.
By RollerBee
Not to mention the numerous construction projects in the rest of the park, I wonder if they are all the same construction company?