General Carowinds discussion
By Christopher Mallis
Coasterphreak wrote:
phareous wrote:I noticed they removed some of the tin roof from the station and queue, but left others. I wonder if they had some use for it (like goldrusher or something)

Also they've left the boats sitting there...if the ride is never opening again, it seems like an easy thing to sell the boats

I wouldn't be surprised to see the bits of tin roofing show up at one of the new scare zones.

And who would want to buy thirty year old boats? If anything, the fact that the boats are still sitting right where the park left them at the end of last year is an indicator that the ride *won't* come back and they're not gonna expend any labor to mess with it until they decide what's next.

Actually they removed about half of the boats in April. Since then what’s been left there has just been there. Weird how they took off the padding on some of the seats.
By Coasterphreak
Distopia wrote:Is it possible some of the boats went to Knotts?

Shipping anything worth using to Knott's for spare parts is definitely possible, especially because they're roughly the same generation and model of boat.
By uscbandfan
Was there on Monday and there were a lot of construction equipment behind the RRR wall (not earth movers but lifts and buckets like you would use to disassemble walkway roofs and stations.)

Also noticed that the "State Line" gift shops were closed. Maybe a precursor to what some of us were wanting... extending the walkway straight past Starbucks, through the area where RRR entrance used to be and ending up at Fury. (Yes, bridges would be needed.) Or maybe it was just staffing for a Monday and they just weren't open.

As far as shops go, build new shops next to Starbucks and/or put a new shop on the "Corner" of the new path and the one leading to the Arbor in the same general vicinity of the current ones... just not in buildings circa 1973.
By KeepPounding9213
I sure hope what they are working on will just be a conversion to Knott’s Calico Rapids or Mystic River Falls at SDC upgraded. Maybe Carowinds does’nt really care that this is the last dry water ride in the park. Since it is very likely it will go for good I want to see perhaps a good impulse coaster if it can fit in the RRR space.
By coasterbruh
So in actuality, you're not saying anything. How does the saying go . . . "those that don't know talk and those that know don't".
By Distopia
carowinds.captured wrote:spoke with someone, that 's all i 'll say....RRR will be re-themed in 2022 :thumbup:

Did it happen to be the Dipping Dots guy or the Lemon Chill gal?
By carowinds.captured
coasterbruh wrote:So in actuality, you're not saying anything. How does the saying go . . . "those that don't know talk and those that know don't".

i said what i said
By coasterbruh
carowinds.captured wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:So in actuality, you're not saying anything. How does the saying go . . . "those that don't know talk and those that know don't".

i said what i said

Which was nothing . . .
By Cameron
Not entirely true. For about 10 years I knew future projects and I talked lol. Granted it was family and friends but i talked.

But I hope your wrong. Rapids is just fine being gone. Huge waste of space anyway imo.
By HiveDive
Why exactly would they close it this year then if they planned on doing nothing to it while it’s closed, I don’t think we’re going to see a retheme.