General Carowinds discussion
By phareous
carowinds.captured wrote:lol there are so many uptight people here....jeez its just a forum to talk :roll:

I'm bitter that they closed the ride :)
By Christopher Mallis
jeffdavis wrote:Carowinds had been teasing that this ride would close permanently for many years. Look no further than the "R.I.P." in the name. Most of us just didn't know exactly when it would be, but now we all know.

They never really teased closing the ride. It has always been b=named Rip Roarin' Rapids since it's opening back in 1982.
By yawetag
Christopher Mallis wrote:
jeffdavis wrote:Carowinds had been teasing that this ride would close permanently for many years. Look no further than the "R.I.P." in the name. Most of us just didn't know exactly when it would be, but now we all know.

They never really teased closing the ride. It has always been b=named Rip Roarin' Rapids since it's opening back in 1982.

Woosh.
By RollerBee

:clap:
RIP is the way this site needs to go when stupid posts like that are made by someone other than me or Jarvis.
By phareous
I noticed they removed some of the tin roof from the station and queue, but left others. I wonder if they had some use for it (like goldrusher or something)

Also they've left the boats sitting there...if the ride is never opening again, it seems like an easy thing to sell the boats
By Coasterphreak
phareous wrote:I noticed they removed some of the tin roof from the station and queue, but left others. I wonder if they had some use for it (like goldrusher or something)

Also they've left the boats sitting there...if the ride is never opening again, it seems like an easy thing to sell the boats

I wouldn't be surprised to see the bits of tin roofing show up at one of the new scare zones.

And who would want to buy thirty year old boats? If anything, the fact that the boats are still sitting right where the park left them at the end of last year is an indicator that the ride *won't* come back and they're not gonna expend any labor to mess with it until they decide what's next.
By Wood Coaster
Fill up RRR up with Water....... Stock it up with Bass/Trout.

Lets Go Fishing Girls.

Option:
Bring back the Carolina Sternwheeler & Turn it into a Restaurant..... Caught your own fish..... Clean it..... Fry it..... Eat it the same day.
By phareous
Wood Coaster wrote:Fill up RRR up with Water....... Stock it up with Bass/Trout.

Lets Go Fishing Girls.

Option:
Bring back the Carolina Sternwheeler & Turn it into a Restaurant..... Caught your own fish..... Clean it..... Fry it..... Eat it the same day.

If they aren't going to reopen the ride, then I think they should just run the pumps for a nice little river and put a dive coaster over it
By Glitch99
Wood Coaster wrote:Option:

Yeah, there's no way that could possibly go wrong... :)
By coasterbruh
Wood Coaster wrote:Fill up RRR up with Water....... Stock it up with Bass/Trout.

Lets Go Fishing Girls.

Option:

I want whatever you're smoking lol . . .
By yawetag
coasterbruh wrote:

Lets Go Fishing Girls.

Option:

I want whatever you're smoking lol . . .

Apparently, trout.
By coasterbruh
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Side bar, you all should be jealous of Silver Dollar City! 8) :lol: