General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
Oh! Well the old fashion way of taken your own pictures is always an option lol.
By jeffdavis
coasterbruh wrote:Oh! Well the old fashion way of taken your own pictures is always an option lol.

But then how about that on-ride shot to prove we were one of the million people that rode Fury325 so we can share it on social media and prove our awesomeness?
By KIJester
Hi everyone, haven't been on Carowind's website in some time but noticed both webcams are from some Winterfest evening. Is it possible they are getting ready to install new webcams or perhaps re-adjusting the existing ones for new park additions?
By jeffdavis
The "first ride" thread lead my train of thought to what ride we'll all ride first on our first 2020 visit. Is everybody going to head straight to Copperhead Strike first thing on your first 2020 visit? Or what other ride will be your first at the park of 2020 and why? For 2019 I think a lot of us made (or tried to make) Copperhead Strike our first ride of the season.
By carolinaman
Not really sure, I have never really thought about making any ride my FIRST for the season. A lot depends on the lines, we go so much that we won't wait 1+ hrs to ride (unless the the kids want to) knowing we will be back and the lines won't be as bad.
By Glitch99
So this question might be somewhere between premature and unnecessary, but are there any guesses about the effect this supercharged and potentially extended mega-flu season might have on park attendence? Investors have knocked down Cedar Fair shares 20% in the past week - which says something, but I'm not sure if it's saying "serious concerns" or "unwarranted panic selling". Obviously the Charlotte area isn't affected by an epidemic at this point, but, as seen elsewhere, that can change in just a week or two. Is this risk going to thin the crowds as Carowinds' season begins?

Should we be excited about the prospect for sparse lines? Should we snap up shares of FUN on sale? Is it stupid to even be considering going to a crowded public place right now?
By uscbandfan
^ Well. There's something to be said about holding restraints that thousands of people have held before you... even if there is no "Kung Flu".

If you go, probably not a bad idea to take a couple of travel size hand sanitizer bottles with you and use immediately before and after boarding EVERY ride.
By yawetag
chknwing wrote:was eating dinner at Famous Daves yesterday, noticed a crane over by Woodstock express. are they retracking it? could have sworn I saw fresh wood

Yes. There were pictures on Facebook and other social media showing it essentially gutted.
By Lit
jeffdavis wrote:The "first ride" thread lead my train of thought to what ride we'll all ride first on our first 2020 visit. Is everybody going to head straight to Copperhead Strike first thing on your first 2020 visit? Or what other ride will be your first at the park of 2020 and why? For 2019 I think a lot of us made (or tried to make) Copperhead Strike our first ride of the season.

The Mountain Gliders was my first ride after its 1-year hiatus, then Copperhead Strike because it was right there.
By aoriole19
My first ride of 2020 will be whatever we have morning ERT on for C3 lol, I think that will be my only time visiting the park this year /:
By jeffdavis
A lot can change in a week. I plan to go to passholder preview night but I won't decide for sure until Friday. By then we might see the park announce a delay of opening for a few weeks.

Wait and see...