Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Long overdue. Here's the thread where everyone can chat, joke and just shoot the shi..... well, just hang out. Random discussion encouraged. Jumping from topic to topic without much regard is welcomed. :wink:

Let's just make sure we stick with the CC rules. :mrgreen:

Allow me to begin: Less than a month away till the start of College football season. And it's been 300 days since the Florida Gators have won a football game. :lol: GO NOLES!
Last edited by Chris on September 3rd, 2014, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't been in four years, but I think I can safely assume that it is still the case that you should do Volcano first. It will be tempting to go straight for I-305, but Volcano has poor capacity. Do it first then go to I-305.

In the past International Street always opened 30 minutes before the park and Dominator was often included in this so you could actually ride it before the official opening. Anyone know if that is still the case? Ride Dominator in the back seat. I find most floorless coasters to be disappointing, but Dominator is great; easily the best I've been on.

Enjoy Grizzly. Very underrated and overlooked wooden coaster and one of the best rides in the park.
Went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg recently. The reason I chose it over Kings Dominion was Darkastle. Yes, my reason was Darkastle. Lol. :lol:

Still a great park, Griffon is underrated IMO. It may be a one-trick-pony, but it's a hell of a trick. First drop is amazing. Darkastle was great, but I knew what to expect, so I wasn't too impressed.

Verbolten was my first launch coaster, and my favorite coaster at the park.
Jonathan wrote:In the past International Street always opened 30 minutes before the park and Dominator was often included in this so you could actually ride it before the official opening. Anyone know if that is still the case?

Yep. International Street and Dominator opens at 10, rest of the park opens at 10:30. Go to Volcano first then I-305. The rest of the park you won't have a problem with. Ride Grizzly at night. Best coaster in the state of Virginia hands down.

Chris, in one of the other threads you said you worked in radio, can you elaborate more on what you do? I'm sure you were going crazy during ACC media day. :lol:
Jay wrote:Chris, in one of the other threads you said you worked in radio, can you elaborate more on what you do? I'm sure you were going crazy during ACC media day. :lol:

My technical title is 'programming assistant.' It involves many different things but the two things I'm mainly focusing on right now is music research (finding out what people are liking and listening to and why they are listening to it) and the 'oh, so much fun' social media platforms. Disclaimer: I guess the having to deal with the constant antics of the social media world carries over to some of my post here so I apologize for any previous and all future posts. :mrgreen:

Having to work the ACC Media Days was incredibly awesome and even more torturous. Here are a few pictures...

Arriving at Grandover Resort...

The ESPN DirecTV Mobile Studio...

Jameis Winston and PJ Williams...

Jimbo Fisher said, "Kids these days don't know nothing about putting peanuts in Coke."

Jameis Winston jokingly jarring with rival Miami's Duke Johnson.

Jameis Winston and other ACC rivals watching Jameis Winston highlights. :lol:

I got hungry. They had about 100 Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and I had a couple but I wanted to see what this thing on the map was that said, 'hospitality.' Oh, I see now...

Open bar!

I've never taken a selfie in my life but decided to stick my grubby hands on the 2014 ACC Champions trophy.
So I am taking 4 days off in early October to take my family to USF/IOA since they are Potter fans. They made me promise I'd take them after HP 2.0 opened. Last time we were there was about a month before Transformers opened.

The time off 'conveniently' falls during HHN and this will be my first one. Any general advice from those you you familiar with it is appreciated. I assume I can buy some kind of express pass and it would be well worth it?
Chris, we have a resizer for attachments, and one for [IMG] posts as well, but it’s currently turned off. It works, but after testing it makes for awkward and slower page loads. Had to make a decision to hold off on overly modifying the forum for now to protect legacy content while the next version of phpbb is in beta, so until then everyone will have to crop their [IMG] pics to 640px max width like we’ve been doing for years. Still looking into it though.
At least Jamies didnt have to steal any food at this event. I do like Fsu only because they beat up clemson for us every year and will continue to do that next month! 27 til South Carolina football and the start of the season! We get the announcement and football right there together what a great gift.
Jay wrote: Ride Grizzly at night. Best coaster in the state of Virginia hands down.

When you hit that Grizzly night ride, ride it in the front seat of the very back car. (the second to the last gate in the station). KD has their woodies kept up pretty well so its not too rough here. Plus the ejector air in this seat (especially coming on the lift) is some of the best I've ever experienced.

Also, if you decide to go into the water park, Zoom Flume is a billion times better than Down Under Thunder at Carowinds plus it has a shorter wait time most of the time. Me and my friends spend hours at a time on just that one slide at KD when we go. Also their black Pipeline Peak slide is epic!
CoasterFanatic01 wrote:We were a school before californa was a state.

And yet, their history is infinitely better than South Carolina's. National Championships, Heismans, etc... all things South Carolina needs to take notes on. I know, I know... you had a Heisman winner in 1980, the year Clemson won their National Championship.