General Carowinds discussion
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108791
Christopher Mallis wrote:I guess everybody has forgotten about a possible rehab to RRR. It has never been ruled out/confirmed by park authority.

It's not happening . . .
Image
By HiveDive
#108793
I doubt a 2022 or 2023 roller coaster is going to happen, especially if Cedar Fair chooses to spread out their large coaster investments (which has been suggested). Furthermore there’s several other parks in the chain that would likely get a coaster before Carowinds. Kings Dominion for example is facing increased competition from BGW and likely will need to have a new coaster in the near future to replace Volcano (and eventually Anaconda). CGA also would likely see a new rollercoaster in the near future along with Cedar Point (Probably also Knotts with the rumored ghost town expansion). And while Carowinds might be approaching the big 4 it’s still quite far behind (Probably around 800k if TEA’s numbers are accurate). Just my 2 cents.
By JWitter
#108809
HiveDive wrote:I doubt a 2022 or 2023 roller coaster is going to happen, especially if Cedar Fair chooses to spread out their large coaster investments (which has been suggested). Furthermore there’s several other parks in the chain that would likely get a coaster before Carowinds. Kings Dominion for example is facing increased competition from BGW and likely will need to have a new coaster in the near future to replace Volcano (and eventually Anaconda). CGA also would likely see a new rollercoaster in the near future along with Cedar Point (Probably also Knotts with the rumored ghost town expansion). And while Carowinds might be approaching the big 4 it’s still quite far behind (Probably around 800k if TEA’s numbers are accurate). Just my 2 cents.



Well it appears that KD is getting a winged coaster in 2021. I could see Carowinds receiving a coaster conversaion in the next 2-3 years, add in some antique cars and upgrade an area or two and it could be a great few years for Carowinds, before they announce our newest new coaster.
By deaconnor
#108810
Wing coasters are cool and all but really they're not going to win any awards. I've been on several now (X Flight, Gate Keeper, Wild Eagle) and while they're all enjoyable, I think the park can spend the 20+ million better. I guess they're a fine addition in terms of re-rideability and capacity.
User avatar
By gabed
#108811
They're a lot like dive coasters in my opinion. Visually impressive, not too extreme, and massive crowd pleasers. I'm honestly surprised more American parks haven't bought them.
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#108812
Between the two options, I’d rather get the dive just for the drops and the effect on the skyline.

If/when they expand out to the land in the parking lot, I think a giant dive would make a nice anchor attraction to pull people to that new section of the park.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108813
I'm conflicted on giant dives. They are intimidating looking but they are also floaty. Those smaller ones appear to pack a bigger punch.


I would love that!
By Edwardo
#108816
I’d much rather them go with more stuff from a RMC and Mack and hopefully maybe some S&S and Premier. Now that they have capacity up the can lay off of B&M, esp since they already have done of the best B&M have to offer. But they need to work with Vekoma post haste.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108817
At your service . . .
Image
lol lol but in all fairness you do have a point. They have 3-4 capacity monsters right now, it's ok to get something more unique like a version of a power splash or a spinning coaster.

Still confuses me as to why no major chain has gotten one of these . . .
Image
By Coasterphreak
#108818
Edwardo wrote:I’d much rather them go with more stuff from a RMC and Mack and hopefully maybe some S&S and Premier. Now that they have capacity up the can lay off of B&M, esp since they already have done of the best B&M have to offer. But they need to work with Vekoma post haste.

Personally I'd love to see a Gerstlauer Infinity model because those things are fun as heck and can fit into pretty much any footprint available.
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#108893
So GCI unveiled this at IAAPA:

Image

I think since they’re familiar with Hurler, it would be nice if they came in and just retracked the turns. Since that seems to be where most of the stress is placed on the ride, if they could be smoothed out, they could take off the trims.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108894
RMC be like . . .
Image

I, personally, think that entire turn needs to be reprofiled if it keeps going to sh1t after a few seasons. But whatever this monstrosity of track GCI has cooked up is, I wanna see in a full scale layout . . .
By Edwardo
#108900
GCI has stated that this is more for negative G spots on their coasters and not for the entire layout, so I don’t expect them to start conversions or using this on high G turns.

But do expect inversions on their rides with this as soon as they can get someone to start buying.
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#108902
Edwardo wrote:GCI has stated that this is more for negative G spots on their coasters and not for the entire layout, so I don’t expect them to start conversions or using this on high G turns.

But do expect inversions on their rides with this as soon as they can get someone to start buying.


Even so, it still has to be better at absorbing vibration than wood. I’d love to see the park add one of their inversion layouts for the next coaster, and in addition, they get some sort of package deal for a partial retrack of Hurler.

Image
By RollerBee
#108903
tarheel1231 wrote:
Edwardo wrote:GCI has stated that this is more for negative G spots on their coasters and not for the entire layout, so I don’t expect them to start conversions or using this on high G turns.

But do expect inversions on their rides with this as soon as they can get someone to start buying.


Even so, it still has to be better at absorbing vibration than wood. I’d love to see the park add one of their inversion layouts for the next coaster, and in addition, they get some sort of package deal for a partial retrack of Hurler.

Image

https://www.montaukhardwoodbikes.com/wh ... on-so-well

Wood is better than absorption....
Steel(or metal) transmits vibrations.
  • 1
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
  • 177
  • 178
  • 182

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests