General Carowinds discussion
By arby
I wasn't trying to call you out and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I do want to clarify the last comment. You said:

To be fair, most events are only a morning ERT session, an evening ERT session, and a meal at some point.

I went through the upcoming ACE events for the next month and it's more like 75% of ACE events that include more than morning ERT, night ERT, and a single meal. The ones I listed were a quick sampling of looking through the event flyer and I added additional things that were more than two ERT sessions and a meal.

At this point I am done with suggestions as all I am getting is push back on nearly every single thing that I suggest. It's as though I have never been to an amusement park when it is not open, have never deal with any event planning, and have no idea how amusement parks and operations work.
By Jarsh
arby wrote:At this point I am done with suggestions as all I am getting is push back on nearly every single thing that I suggest. It's as though I have never been to an amusement park when it is not open, have never deal with any event planning, and have no idea how amusement parks and operations work.

Ummm, ok? If by trying to explain the reasoning and logic behind the planning decisions that you had an issue with means push back, then yeah, you're right. I've been very receptive of your ideas and suggestions so I'm not sure where you get that I'm pushing back and disagreeing with your comments. I've actually agreed with you on several.
Being my first ACE event in quite some time, and a first for my son, I was happy to attend, and enjoyed the ERT sessions greatly.

One thing I didn't care for, was the scavenger hunt was started at noon in Harmony Hall, but the EST was set for 10:30. With the temps being very warm, we didn't want to leave the water so quickly to start the hunt. As such, we ended up skipping it, but were disappointed in the end that we didn't participate.

The rain certainly played some havoc on dinner time, but we both thought the food was delicious, and a good and safe options for the majority of the crowd.
By arby
While I did try to respond with some sense of respect, I do realize and admit that I was somewhat of an a$$. With that being said, I am offering a public apology to Jarsh for me going overboard and letting my emotions get the best of me.

I do also apologize to all of you who had to read through any uncomfortable dialogue.
Would there be any way to schedule things like "paint shop tour" or "back area tours". I dunno, just thinking of suggestions.

EDIT: That ravioli that we had last year was very good. Can that be added to the menu again?
Trying to figure out how to ask a question on this thing.

Q. When you renew your season pass, do you have to have your picture taken again each year? Or, does your picture stay on file providing you the ability of not having to go through that process again.
You can hold me to this: Even if I never live in NC again, one day I'll fly back to Charlotte just for C3. I've definitely thought about it last year and this year, because I help with MIT's orientation at the end of August but we usually have that Saturday off. Unfortunately I can't really justify the cost given where I am in my life. Maybe next year, if I've figured a full time job :mrgreen:
FamousAmos wrote:Would there be any way to schedule things like "paint shop tour" or "back area tours". I dunno, just thinking of suggestions.

EDIT: That ravioli that we had last year was very good. Can that be added to the menu again?

I'll certainly add it to the list of request!
Is there any way we could get the beef brisket added to the menu too? Like what they serve in Harmony Hall. And maybe we could even have the option of making it a sandwich or just having it by itself? Brisket sounds amazing right now.