General Carowinds discussion
By ET.FAYNC
Carowinds is running out of space and it is only a matter of time where we are running to get our last rides or so happy that it's out (Carolina Cyclone)
So What do you Think? What do you Hope will get removed next?
EDIT:There is Still Space but still, what should the next ride going to the grave should be?
Last edited by ET.FAYNC on May 9th, 2016, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris wrote:OK, I'll bite. How do you think we are running out of space?

Sorry just realized what i said was wrong, I'm pretty new to Carowinds and i have been there a couple of times. didn't read a land purchase was a couple years ago
Jonathan wrote:Nothing really needs to be removed, but nonetheless I'll vote for Nighthawk and Vortex at the same time to make way for something that is actually worthy of being a centerpiece.
so true, but I don't see Nighthawk going anywhere, i mean according to Carowinds its one of the coaster where you need the special fast pass to get on, along with fury and intimidator, (Implying Nighthawk is Better than Afterburn :lol: :lol: )
I think Nighthawk should be the next to go. You could fill in that area with a couple of family rides, something the park is somewhat in need of. And by "family," I mean rides with height requirements under 48."
I agree about NightHawk. But when the lines are almost always long, they are probably not going to take it out. Now Vortex is another story. Most days it is a walk on unless the park is really busy.
carolinaman wrote:I agree about NightHawk. But when the lines are almost always long, they are probably not going to take it out. Now Vortex is another story. Most days it is a walk on unless the park is really busy.

Nighthawks lines arnt long because its popular, it just takes forever to load and unload passengers. Vortex is a fairly short ride. It can eat through people rather quickly.
I'm not sure if popularity is the case with Nighthawk. The long lines on Nighthawk are due to the extremely long load times, singe train operation (most days) and and slow ride ops. I firmly believe that if Nighthawk had an unload station similar to the old Dueling Dragons at IOA in Orlando, the wait times would be significantly shorter. However, put me in the "still needs to go" category considering how rough it is.

Incidentally, the KI version (Firehawk) has duel load stations which seems to help with capacity. Does KI still operate both sides on busy days?
I haven't been since 2012, but I don't recall significantly long wait times when both sides are operational.
Also, I think Scream Zone (Drop Tower) Should be Removed and Replaced with a newer version of the drop tower. like the one in Kings Dominion or if Carowinds feels the need to add a Falcons Fury Styled Ride
None. Just cause a ride is "outdated" or "painful" doesn't mean it should be remove. Parks remove money pits, it's not a popularity contest with them.

Sidebar . . . It may be cause I've been on some bad coasters, but I don't think night awk is as bad as people make it out to be. May be just me . . .
coasterbruh wrote:None. Just cause a ride is "outdated" or "painful" doesn't mean it should be remove. Parks remove money pits, it's not a popularity contest with them.

Sidebar . . . It may be cause I've been on some bad coasters, but I don't think night awk is as bad as people make it out to be. May be just me . . .

you have more padding than some of us. :wave: