General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
sccoasterbear wrote:So question is why are the rapids closed? And is it for good since they put a fence up this time and in the past it has just been a rope.

Has it been open at all this year?
By kirkgun
I might be wrong...

But, I'm pretty sure that it was open during the first two weeks. I have to admit I wasn't really paying attention because it wasn't hot enough for me to want to ride a water ride at that point. And I am pretty sure I saw people getting in the family dryer during those first couple of weeks too. But I really wasn't paying much attention, like I said, I wasn't interested in riding that early in the season.

I am absolutely positive that I was seeing it run on the cam before the trees filled in with leaves during that time period. I couldn't tell from the cams if there were actually people riding or if the boats were empty and they were only testing.
By uscbandfan
chargercrazy wrote:Maybe RRR will be upgraded to make a big splash next season :wink:

That works for me. I still say the entrance needs to be moved over near the scrambler to make the plaza area just that... a plaza. I think they should open the path behind scrambler to Fury as well for better access.
By uscbandfan
RollerBee wrote:It is maintenance road....
Never going to happen.

Probably not. But, they could still move the entrance to RRR over beside Scrambler and do the entrance similar to what it is now. I don't think there should be any rides directly in the plaza except for the Skytower.
By Jonathan
coasterbruh wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:I think Screamscape is wrong about Thunder Road leaving in July. Thunder Road is listed as one of the attractions scheduled for ERT during the September Run and Ride Event. Don't know if this will change, but it does go against the removal rumor.

Was there yesterday for its prelude to the last ride event...
11125783_10204418379681768_732246257_n.jpg

Lots of colorful spray paint near it and the theater. Also looked like some downed light post in the lot next to thunder road...

Starts "General Park Discussion Thread."

Immediately turns it into a duplicate of the 2016 thread.
By coasterbruh
Jonathan wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:I think Screamscape is wrong about Thunder Road leaving in July. Thunder Road is listed as one of the attractions scheduled for ERT during the September Run and Ride Event. Don't know if this will change, but it does go against the removal rumor.

Was there yesterday for its prelude to the last ride event...
11125783_10204418379681768_732246257_n.jpg

Lots of colorful spray paint near it and the theater. Also looked like some downed light post in the lot next to thunder road...

Starts "General Park Discussion Thread."

Immediately turns it into a duplicate of the 2016 thread.

hahahaha...its back on track now...

uscbandfan wrote:
Never going to happen.

Probably not. But, they could still move the entrance to RRR over beside Scrambler and do the entrance similar to what it is now. I don't think there should be any rides directly in the plaza except for the Skytower.

Sooo...what would you do with intimidator, ripcord and nighthawk?
By shane235
While I was at the park on Sunday I noticed a man walking away from Fury's plaza who was yelling at a Carowinds worker. The worker was just a custodian who was sweeping the ground, and she looked confused as this man practically screamed at her about not being able to get on Fury. He was saying "Do you know how much I payed to get in this f****** place?". I was amazed at how rude someone could be, especially to someone who didn't even work for Fury! As he left, the worker walked by us and muttered about how she doesn't even work that ride and how it wasn't her fault. I'm assuming that he couldn't get on Fury because he had loose articles with him, but still, they have signs and people EVERYWHERE telling you that. People need to just fork up the 2 dollars and deal with it. I personally like the locker system! They are super cheap, and I usually spend my time near Fury anyway! .....so that was just my rant of the day.... :wave:
By uscbandfan
coasterbruh wrote:
uscbandfan wrote:
Never going to happen.

Sooo...what would you do with intimidator, ripcord and nighthawk?

As you may remember from another thread, I would re imagine the themed areas to include those rides with Windseeker (Carolina RFD). I did suggest maybe another name. Cobra seems to be too far from the other RFD and more in the Boardwalk section so I'd move that designation too. The plaza would JUST be the "big circle"... since skytower's entrance is technically behind the plaza, I have no problem with it being in the RFD. As I said in the other thread, "Plaza" just doesn't say "rides" to me. (RRR would then be in "Showplace") The whole theme thing needs revamping anyway.
By uscbandfan
My theme section revamp (with some ACTUAL THEMES REQUESTED - maybe even renaming)

RFD - Windseeker, Intimidator, Nighthawk, RipCord, Skytower.

Boardwalk - Cyclone, Goldrusher, Ricochet, Cobra

Showplace - Scrambler, Vortex, Slingshot, RRR

County Fair - Afterburn, Dodge ems, Southern Star, Thunder Road, Yo Yo

Thrill Zone - Fury, Drop Tower, Hurler, Scream Weaver

Boomerang Bay - current water park plus Re-imagined Whitewater Falls

Snoopy - as it is now.

Boo-Blasters would then be kind of in a world to itself. I guess you could still say RFD but it's really a loner.
By carolinaman
Does anyone know if the area schools are out Monday the 25th or do they have to go for a snow make up day? I'm thinking about going that day and was just wondering about how the crowds might be.