General Carowinds discussion
By coaster129
It's really early, but why not start! :D
By coaster129
Chris wrote:No. Please, no.

Come on the last on was fun! :lol:
By Sfgacaro91
If anyone at the media event was focused enough. They mentioned briefly about making a splash in 2016.. ;)
By coaster129
Sfgacaro91 wrote:If anyone at the media event was focused enough. They mentioned briefly about making a splash in 2016.. ;)

I think log flume or dive coaster! Which ever is good!
By coaster129
Jonathan wrote:I see a water park expansion coming. Maybe similar to what Kings Dominion is doing.

I groaned when John made that "make a splash" comment. Can't you guys just let us go 6 months or so before you start the teasers up again? :lol:

Now my thing is that they just did the waterslides so why the waterpark again, but another lazy river would be nice! :D :D
By coaster129
Does Jarsh Know?
Ahhhh you know what, a water coaster would be nice!
By Jonathan
Even though I personally don't get that excited over water parks (there are some exceptions; see Holiday World), it seems like they are the big money makers. Even after the new slides this year Carowinds is still woefully behind the curve when it comes to modern slides.

I'm hoping for something else but that's my really really really early guess.

And no Josh doesn't know.
By Edwardo
My guess is either a watermark expansion, or a flat ride with a water element like a top spin.
By coaster129
Edwardo wrote:My guess is either a watermark expansion, or a flat ride with a water element like a top spin.

A zoo would be nice!
By redrunner97
Hopefully in 2016 they'll paint Thunder Road white/blue/red, for it's 40th Anniversary.
That'd go great paired with the proposed water park expansion, since presumably we'd be walking under it to get to the rest of Boomerang Bay, which would be located in the parking lot on the other side. (my 500th request for that :lol: )

I can also see us getting a Wonder Mountain Guardian style dark ride, possibly themed to Blackbeard? and that Resort Hotel, within the next few years. And hopefully some flats and one day a big launch coaster (a Blue Fire would be superb).

Then we'd be set really...
Oh and a Ferris Wheel, I think one would look nice in the area behind Yo-Yo, if they made a path between it and Action Theater, or if not there then the corner next to Fury. (See I'm already calling it FURY!)

Jonathan wrote:Even though I personally don't get that excited over water parks (there are some exceptions; see Holiday World), it seems like they are the big money makers. Even after the new slides this year Carowinds is still woefully behind the curve when it comes to modern slides.

I'm hoping for something else but that's my really really really early guess.

And no Josh doesn't know.

I'd say that's a pretty good guess. I recall them specifically mentioning wanting to expand Boomerang Bay significantly (on the other side of TR, thats the reason I mention it above), at some event in 2013.

But who knows? Everyone and their mother on Facebook keeps requesting a new log flume (and a parking garage next to a new water park entrance for some reason?? :crazy: )