General Carowinds discussion
By tylerSC
Also they hinted at a "big splash" for 2016. Does this mean a water coaster, log flume, or water park attraction? Or is it too early to start a 2016 speculation thread? But as for now I am just excited for 2015 and Fury 325.
By Jonathan
tylerSC wrote:Also they hinted at a "big splash" for 2016. Does this mean a water coaster, log flume, or water park attraction? Or is it too early to start a 2016 speculation thread? But as for now I am just excited for 2015 and Fury 325.

Might as well go ahead and start it up haha. Pretty direct tease from the park. Lost in all this madness is that Kings Dominion announced their water park expansion today. They are adding some of the floor drop-out slides.
Already Renewed Season Pass shut up and take my money please!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it Carowinds the park that I grew up with is getting a World Class roller coaster it really does make me very happy. let the 2016 Speculation thread Begin :P
Last edited by Towerdragon82 on August 21st, 2014, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jarsh
I'm surprised at all the shock and excitement being posted here seeing as I ruined the surprise for everyone, lol. ;)
By tylerSC
WSOC Channel 9 Eyewitness News had the best local news coverage of the announcement, with a live report from the park. WBTV-3 and WCNC-36 just showed video of the new coaster. Maybe they will have more on the evening news.
After sifting through the press kit, I was able to find out the answer to the seat belt question.

"Design.... Fiberglass and steel coaches with lapbar restraints and interlocking seat belts."

Sorry for the bad news guys and gals.
By hdmech
I could really care less about the seatbelts, they didnt affect the ride experience for intimidator so why does that change for fury 325? As for efficiency, once again....hardly noticable (in my opinion).