General Carowinds discussion
By TrojanCamMan
I am dreaming.

-The splash battle would take the spot of the mini golf course and the seating area.
-The dark ride will use two existing structures for one massive dark ride.
-The water park will expand under and over thunder road, with a water coaster that goes up and over thunder road twice.
-The B&M Dive Machine will take on a heavy terrain filled area, the coaster will dwarf Afterburn, but stand just under the mighty Intimidator at a height of 200ft.
-The waterpark will recieve a new entrance right beside the bumper cars giving an easy access point from south gate.
-Windseeker, there for reference.
-A brand new steam locomotive will circumnavigate the park, giving a great view of the park from right outside it's borders.
-A Huss Giant Frisbee will SQUEEZE in between the Goldrusher, the Vortex, and the Nighthawk. Making a new short cut between the Nighthawk pathway and the Carolina Showplace portion of the park.
Attachments
newrides.jpg
newrides.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 11539 times
By coasterbruh
Im working on my vision for a B&M Dive machine of some sorts. It will be placed to the right of thunder road...start crying those of you who want a water park expansion...lol
By Picklesthedrummer
coasterbruh wrote:Im working on my vision for a B&M Dive machine of some sorts. It will be placed to the right of thunder road...start crying those of you who want a water park expansion...lol

B&M dive machine > water park expansion.
By Edwardo
Why not a B&M Dive machine?

Meh. I'm not impressed with them. I'll work on my vision tonite. I'd done this once before with a bunch of parks. I'll have to re-work my wishlist for Carowinds since they've done some of the stuff I wished for.
By chunkyskunk
A floorless Dive Machine is my #1 list of a steel coaster.
1. Another 200' coaster for the park (assuming it will hit that mark like half of the others have)
2. Another smooth B&M, always a winner.
3. Addition of a floorless coaster. I love those.
4. An addition to our coaster and inversion count. For the size park, we are strong in those areas.
5. I will take a coaster any day over a water park expansion.

I still want a GCI woody that goes into the woods behind the NW section of the park.
By Jay
From an "enthusiast" perspective I of course agree with the sentiment that a coaster every year would be great.

From a business perspective, the Waterpark is small, old and outdated. Sure in 06 and 08 it got new giant pools and some kiddie slides, but nothing 'new' or 'innovative' have been installed since Pipeline Peak over 10 years ago at this point. The waterpark has not kept up with the growth of the main park, and it's sad. I hope Cedar Fair realizes this and does something soon.

Silly me breaking my own rule. WISH LIST thread not "conceivable things that could happen" thread maybe I should post some crazy slides that I'd like to see installed instead. :lol:
By RollerBee
JamminJ wrote:From an "enthusiast" perspective I of course agree with the sentiment that a coaster every year would be great.

From a business perspective, the Waterpark is small, old and outdated. Sure in 06 and 08 it got new giant pools and some kiddie slides, but nothing 'new' or 'innovative' have been installed since Pipeline Peak over 10 years ago at this point. The waterpark has not kept up with the growth of the main park, and it's sad. I hope Cedar Fair realizes this and does something soon.

Silly me breaking my own rule. WISH LIST thread not "conceivable things that could happen" thread maybe I should post some crazy slides that I'd like to see installed instead. :lol:

Kings Island is getting Soak City so maybe not all hope is lost.
By Jay
But they are only adding a wave pool and de-branding everything Boomerang Bay related that they just put there what 7-8 years ago. We already have our second wave pool, and I'm not sure I understand the need to remove everything Boomerang Bay related unless its like PARAMOUNTS IDEA? PARAMOUNT BAD. MUST ERASE. ADD TRASH CANS.

Sigh. :(
By Picklesthedrummer
Isn't a Six Flags park getting a waterslide that does a loop? I know there was one added into Noah's Ark water park last year. That would be a great addison to Boomerang Bay. That or the type of slide where the bottom drops out from under you and you go down a very steep slide.
By RollerBee
JamminJ wrote:But they are only adding a wave pool and de-branding everything Boomerang Bay related that they just put there what 7-8 years ago. We already have our second wave pool, and I'm not sure I understand the need to remove everything Boomerang Bay related unless its like PARAMOUNTS IDEA? PARAMOUNT BAD. MUST ERASE. ADD TRASH CANS.

Sigh. :(

They are also adding elements to the lazy river, I never figured out why Carowinds added Kookaburra Bay. I understand the second wavepool but why add a basic lagoon. I prefer Emerald Pointe to Boomerang Bay any day.
By arby
I do think we'll get another major coaster in the next few years because Intimidator did a lot of good for the park.

However, I went to the water park for the first time this year since 2007 and it felt like it could use some TLC. It's time to revamp the water park and add a thrill ride or two there.
By coasterbruh
RollerNut wrote:I never figured out why Carowinds added Kookaburra Bay. I understand the second wavepool but why add a basic lagoon. I prefer Emerald Pointe to Boomerang Bay any day.

Because basic kids need a wading pool for them to basically play in, so carowinds basically added a basic lagoon. And who wouldnt prefer a full fledge water park to one with like 6 slides...

People go to emeril point for a water park, no one comes to carowinds just for the water park...I would think.
By Edwardo
I just don't find the dive coasters, floor less or otherwise, that great. IMO, they're much ado about nothing, but again, that's just me.

I'd love to see them really expand the water park in 2013. I like water parks, and Carowinds' sucks. They need bowl slides, a tornado, and an adventure river. In 2014, I'd like to see them add a frisbee type ride. I don't think we'll see a Huss Giant Frisbee, because it seems those particular ones have issues, but Intamin, Chance, and plenty of other flat ride makers make large versions of these rides. I think Carowinds should invest in one.

For 2015 I'd love to see a launched coaster. Something like Maverick or Blue Fire Megacoaster would be fun. The park doesn't have a launched ride, this would give something new, and they tend to have inversions. And since SFoG and Dollywood now have beyond vertical drop coasters, instead of a B&M diver, I'd like to see something like Maverick with a different layout, but a lift/launch like Mav has.

For 2016 I think they should add a nice flat package of 5 or 10 rides. A rocking tug, Disk-O, Trabant, giant ferris wheel, and top spin would be nice. Instead of spending meelions of dollarz on one huge flat, add a quaint flat package that costs the same. It still adds capacity to the park, and gives a few different options for the whole family.

Then finally in 2017 (I'm doing my own 5 year plan here), I'd like to see a wooden coaster. My dream wooden coaster would be an insane Intamin woody, but I'd settle for a GCI or (Mayhaps?) a Gravity Group woody. It doesn't have to be huge, just fun.

As for what else I'd like to see? Well, they're adding pavers all over the park, which is nice. Top Gun is probably getting painted, so there isn't much in the way of cosmetics that need done. I hope that when the work is done on Thunder Road, the ride runs better, and I'd like to see them retrace Hurler. I'd also maybe like to see Timberliners used on Hurler, if that would make maintenance on the ride better.
By Picklesthedrummer
Edwardo wrote: Top Gun is probably getting painted, so there isn't much in the way of cosmetics that need done. .

Afterburn is getting repainted this off season. All we know about it is that it is painted in a similar way to Patriot at Worlds of Fun. Although this is not confirmed, it might stay the same colors.