General Carowinds discussion
montumax wrote:Thanks for the photos! They're great.

Keep seeing so many things that could go there in that spot. Being Myself, I have a vivid imagination...

I just wonder if they'll keep the trees (or at least most of them). I'd hate to lose some of them.

I pointed those old Borg signs out to Clint on last Friday. They could just rip them down.

How subtle, Max :D

Great pics, Jay. Hopefully we'll see updated photos of that area in the coming months with as many folks on the board that visit the park.

"We did it! We did it! Hooray, we did it!" -- Too bad nobody will go crazy listening to that anytime soon.
Clever. I'm so worked up over 2010 I could have a Bowel Movement.

Great topic! Pics from the Skytower, why didn't I think of that? I felt guilty for just peeking over the fence. I'll try to grab some pics as the season progresses, hell, keeping track of construction is why I got a pass in the first place.

At least until they spin the cam around and/or add one.
I didn't know there are still sections of the track still laying around.
I though the Monorail Footers in the parking lot were the only part of the older transportation raides.
Oh, isnt that building by the Goldrusher station one of the old cable cars stations?
There is atleast one Monorail footer by Vortex, a skyway footer next to Goldrusher's first helix, and BOTH skyride stations are still in the park. The top of Outer Hanks and the Nicktoons Store.
it a shame their removing it i know carowinds is in need of an actual NEW coaster besides these recycled ones its just sad there removing a origanal ride from the park! :(
Yes, the Dora train was an original ride. From 1973 to 1987, it was known as "Shortline Railroad"; 1987 to 1995, "Flintstones' Express" and 1995 to 2005, "Yogi's Jellystone Railroad".
The original rides still in the park are:
Dora The Explorer's Azul Adventure(Shortline Railroad)
Carolina Skytower(Eastern Airlines Skytower)
Carolina Goldrusher
Kaleidoscope(Scrambler)
carowindsfreak wrote:just hope no more original rides leave carowinds just hope the replace the ride with something good!

I don't see what is left of the originals really going anywhere unless they have mechanical problems. Maybe a track reconfiguration for Dora depending on whatever is going into the log flume place. Kids love trains.
Goldrusher is a family type coaster(really they could lower the height restriction down to 44"), Kaleidoscope(Scrambler) and the Skytower don't take up alot of room, so no reason they couldn't stay, even though the Scrambler could be moved over to county fair where it would fit better.
I can see where the Log Flume could be a waste of water due to spill-over, and when you are going thru droughts you want to conserve all you can. It sucks to lose an original ride, but after 30 years, I would say it paid for itself many times over.
Davidtmp wrote:
carowindsfreak wrote:just hope no more original rides leave carowinds just hope the replace the ride with something good!

I don't see what is left of the originals really going anywhere unless they have mechanical problems. Maybe a track reconfiguration for Dora depending on whatever is going into the log flume place. Kids love trains.
Goldrusher is a family type coaster(really they could lower the height restriction down to 44"), Kaleidoscope(Scrambler) and the Skytower don't take up alot of room, so no reason they couldn't stay, even though the Scrambler could be moved over to county fair where it would fit better.
I can see where the Log Flume could be a waste of water due to spill-over, and when you are going thru droughts you want to conserve all you can. It sucks to lose an original ride, but after 30 years, I would say it paid for itself many times over.

I was wondering why the Goldrusher has 48 for its hight restriction, and other rides like Ricochet are 44 or 46, when i think they are both in the same class.
I wouldnt expect to see Goldrucsher going anywhere soon. It is such a cool and unique ride, and i dont know what they could really put in its place because it has a funny, spread out footprint.
PreferParamount wrote:I was wondering why the Goldrusher has 48 for its hight restriction, and other rides like Ricochet are 44 or 46, when i think they are both in the same class.

Ricochet and Reptar are 44", FOC is 40". Thunder Road, Hurler, Cyclone, Gold Rusher are 48". I agree with TR, Hurler, and Cyclone. Gold Rusher could and should be lowered to 44" since it is a "Family Ride" and not classed as a "Thrill Ride".
Hey Dani, you check in on this at all?? Maybe you could get us some information why the height restriction on Gold Rusher is the same as the bigger coasters.