General Carowinds discussion
By LocoDriver
I would love to see a nascar themed area to the park. I think this would fit in well with the carolina re-theming that's going on.

I can see it now. A dueling Intamin launch coaster. One coaster could be black and silver and called the "Intimadator". The second coaster could be Petty blue and red and called the "King".

Throw in a topspin, call it "Talladega" to simulate the way a driver would feel flipping down the back stretch at 200mph!

How about a mini "Nascar Cafe" for food and beverages?

Top it off with a go-cart track.

All this of course with Nascar's permission ;)

What do you think? Any other suggestions that would fit into this area?
By LocoDriver
I also think this would do well at PKD. With the Nascar influence in VA.
By Cephas
If it wasn't at concord mills, then we could have a Nascar Speedpark, they wouldn't build 2 so close together.

We would also need a Top Thrill Dragster Clone!
By coasterbruh
Humm.........Nascar. Thats a joke right?? For a park gearing towards Being a movie theme park with a trace of Carolina heritage i highly doubt they would even consider that. Besides Days of thunder was nascar themed and you see how long it lasted. It was trendy, and like all trends it died quickly. I mean nascar is kind of big.......if your a country bumpkin, but personally i dont like the idea of a whole section theme to just that. Oh yeah not one but 2 intamin coasters. Whoa thats some jump!! its hard to even get one in the park!! lol lol I feel that if PC does get a carolina based section then it will be something that contrubuted to what makes the carolinas the carolinas instead of a sport that not too many people enjoy, with the exception of the southerners.

Oh yeah you can put the nascar theme section next to the Carolina Jungle section that someone mention on here :lol: :lol: !!

(when in the sam hill was there even a remote existance of a jungle in the carolinas??)

Keep em' comming boys!!...................
Post No. <span style='color:red'>95</span>.............Countdown to 100th post (again heh heh :D :D )
By Dukeis#1
Well, Nascar did originate in North Carolina. But I think it's obvious we'll be seeing less and less "Caro" over the next few years. <_<

I think they should re-theme ThrillZone to something. Not sure if it should be Nascar though. I believe Paramount or CBS does have some sort of product deal with them right now.

I'm currently not a Nascar fan. Since they started pulling that corperate crap, anyway.
By LocoDriver
coasterbruh wrote: Humm.........Nascar. Thats a joke right?? For a park gearing towards Being a movie theme park with a trace of Carolina heritage i highly doubt they would even consider that. Besides Days of thunder was nascar themed and you see how long it lasted. It was trendy, and like all trends it died quickly. I mean nascar is kind of big.......if your a country bumpkin, but personally i dont like the idea of a whole section theme to just that. Oh yeah not one but 2 intamin coasters. Whoa thats some jump!! its hard to even get one in the park!! lol lol I feel that if PC does get a carolina based section then it will be something that contrubuted to what makes the carolinas the carolinas instead of a sport that not too many people enjoy, with the exception of the southerners.

Oh yeah you can put the nascar theme section next to the Carolina Jungle section that someone mention on here :lol: :lol: !!

(when in the sam hill was there even a remote existance of a jungle in the carolinas??)

Keep em' comming boys!!...................
Post No. <span style='color:red'>95</span>.............Countdown to 100th post (again heh heh :D :D )

While it may be a little far fetched to see two Intamin coasters at PC, especially in the same year, it's not such a crazy idea to think of a Nascar themed area.

I'm offended by the country bumpkin comment, because I AM a Nascar fan. Have been since I was a little boy. I think people with narrow minded views such as yourself are what drive a lot of the problems our society faces now.

I'm not going back down that road with you again coasterbruh!

We are in the south and yes Nascar is big in the south. That being said, Carowinds is a regional park who draw people from the south. I think that this would be a good counter move to competing with the Nascar Speed Park at Concord Mills.

Also in addition to my original post they could put a Nascar Store in this section which sells all the popular drivers merchandise. I recall seeing a lot of "Urban Influence" wearing Nascar Jackets. I guess it's just a trend, but some people love those loud colors. <_<
By LocoDriver
A little off topic, but Nascar is more popular than the NBA right now. At least Nascar has a NATIONAL not REGIONAL TV deal with two major Networks (NBC, Fox). Last time I checked the NBA was stuck back on cable with an occasional appearance on ABC.
By montumax
They actually sell NASCAR stuff at the park in that Carolina Cove shop next to the Chinese resturant. Board Wok I think is the name. Its funny to see all this nautical merchandise on the right side of the store and NASCAR on the left. There's nothing to indicate that they sell it.

Didn't they have several NASCAR drivers at Top Gun's media day?

Max
Tony Stewart #20 fan all the way...
By CarowindsThrills
Nascar themeing would be great at Carowinds, but I doubt it would happen. I think Burroughs & Chaplin own Nascar Amusement rights.

BTY, Gordon #24 ALL THE WAY :P
By Trev32
i liked nascar until Dale Earndhart died(is that right?),

that'd be pretty cool to theme thrillzone to nascar,

I mean nascar is kind of big.......if your a country bumpkin

whatever,lots of people like nascar,not just some country person,
By Cephas
If they did, then the scream weaver could be themed to be somethng about flying end-over-end in a wreck at 140mph.

They could do something with drop zone about all sides racing to the bottom (Physically a bunch of BS, but hey, some people are stupid!), and they do have the checker pattern on it already.

I'm not sure how they could really come up with a storyline for the Hurler besides just themeing the trains by painting each car to look like a particular nascar car. Maybe the race has gone out of controll or something?

They should tear down the Carolina Skyflier and put in some flats and a go kart track, they would get more attention than the skyflier ever will (Not that many people will want to pay 20 dollars (or whatever it is now) to ride it and then wait for half an hour to get suited up.

Sorry If I'm annoying anyone who likes the Carolina Skyflier. :P

I personally don't like NASCAR that much, but I think it would make for a great theme! and a plus, it has to do with the Carolinas!
By LocoDriver
They could rename the Hurler "The Rock" after Rockingham Speedway, or "The Lady in Black" after Darlington. Maybe even paint both trains solid black.

Still like the idea of a coaster named the Intimadator. Maybe that could be the long rumored Hyper that goes behind the Hurler?
By ghettopastries
If anything Nascar, I would expect Days of Thunder to come back as something else, maybe a shop? I personally don't like Nascar, but I know a lot of people down here do, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to use Days of Thunder as a shop, or even a restaurant...
By montumax
LocoDriver wrote: Still like the idea of a coaster named the Intimadator. Maybe that could be the long rumored Hyper that goes behind the Hurler?

Don't you know that the hyper/Giga is gonna be called Titanic ;-)

I'd like to see the Tony Stewart Top Spin personally...
By Jonathan
Still like the idea of a coaster named the Intimadator. Maybe that could be the long rumored Hyper that goes behind the Hurler?

I'm not sure what the chances of that are. When Race World (now defunct) built Thunder Eagle, the original name for the ride was The Intimidator. Earnhardt racing was not pleased with the name being used for the coaster so they forced Race World to change the name.