General Carowinds discussion
By aoriole19
Staying home all week gave me time to finish this drawing that I started in 2015 and then forgot about.

It's basically based off of FamousAmos's painting from the North Gate model, but just done with sharpies - thanks for the inspiration!
Attachments
Not surprising any reference to Monster Jam Thunder Alley is no longer on the website. Our dates were opening-April 21st. CGA (June/July) and Valleyfair (August/Sep) still shows theirs on the sites. Unless they somehow arrange it late in the season or perhaps next season. I doubt anyone will be too terribly upset about missing out on them though.
By yawetag
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:I doubt anyone will be too terribly upset about missing out on them though.

You are underestimating the population within driving distance of Carowinds.
By jlc9701
I do not know about that. We made the drive about twenty to thirty times a season. Reserved rooms in the area, shopped, dined and made purchases above and beyond the Carowinds money spent. Unfortunately our money was not important in the area anymore, so we stay home. They think they are too big to fail.
By yawetag
jlc9701 wrote:I do not know about that. We made the drive about twenty to thirty times a season. Reserved rooms in the area, shopped, dined and made purchases above and beyond the Carowinds money spent. Unfortunately our money was not important in the area anymore, so we stay home. They think they are too big to fail.

By HiveDive
sorashaun wrote:Hearing talks of KD’s Delirium being relocated to the park.
just what Kings Dominion needs, another removed ride. Why would Cedar Fair remove Delirium, a new ride, to Carowinds?
By cwgator
As if the "off season" wasn't already long enough. Now we get rumors of ride transfer out of thin air. Listen, they aren't removing a fairly new ride and sending it to Carowinds. I don't know what fool told you that up there.
By gabed
Delirium’s a fun ride, definitely better than the Huss frisbees. I don’t see that happening though as hilarious as it would be
By fishels
sorashaun wrote:Hearing talks of KD’s Delirium being relocated to the park.

Yeah and my source said Orion is gonna be packed up and moved to Carowinds for 2022 :P

I’d welcome Delirium with open arms but I can’t imagine a justification for that