General Carowinds discussion
By jeffdavis
Remember Fury 325, Intimidator, and Hurler closed after Scarowinds. Copperhead Strike and Afterburn ran through WinterFest. But remember Fury 325 has essentially double the capacity of Copperhead Strike.
By tarheel1231
I think the most interesting and possibly troubling aspect of these numbers is that they’ve continuously dropped from the first time the park released them in 2017. Fury had 1.5 million riders that year, and Intimidator has 1.3 million. The only ride that saw an increase in ridership was Afterburn.
By Justin
Glitch99 wrote:
yawetag wrote:Did they provide numbers? CS at 3rd surprises me, though I wonder if it was due to the extended outages earlier in the season.

Not specific numbers, but "over xxx rides".

Hurler - 500k
Afterburn - 875k
CS - 880k
Intimidator - 1.16M
Fury - 1.24M

It would also make sense to calculate a ratio of total rides to theoretical capacity. That would be the true indication of ride popularity. That could change positions on the list or even introduce a ride to the list such as Ricochet. Im not a mathematician, just looking at it from an engineer perspective.
By HiveDive
tarheel1231 wrote:I think the most interesting and possibly troubling aspect of these numbers is that they’ve continuously dropped from the first time the park released them in 2017. Fury had 1.5 million riders that year, and Intimidator has 1.3 million. The only ride that saw an increase in ridership was Afterburn.

Not really a big deal that ridership numbers decrease when a new rollercoaster is introduced. People are going to want to ride the new ride more then the old rides and of course the crowd is now more spread out. Same thing happened to Diamondback when Banshee was introduced.
By Capler
HiveDive wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:I think the most interesting and possibly troubling aspect of these numbers is that they’ve continuously dropped from the first time the park released them in 2017. Fury had 1.5 million riders that year, and Intimidator has 1.3 million. The only ride that saw an increase in ridership was Afterburn.

Not really a big deal that ridership numbers decrease when a new rollercoaster is introduced. People are going to want to ride the new ride more then the old rides and of course the crowd is now more spread out. Same thing happened to Diamondback when Banshee was introduced.

Also there are more things to do at Carowinds each year. Gate attendance is the only measure that matters. I personally rode Fury less because I was waiting in line at Copperhead.
By jlc9701
By coasterbruh
everything mentioned is totally optional besides the pass itself. I'm one person and I don't have any of those upgrades. That's like complaining about flying business class when economy is very well available.
By cwgator
jlc9701 wrote:MAKE PASS PRICING FAMILY FRIENDLY!!!!!

Introductory Pricing(When times were good)

Season Pass = $ 119 per person
Season Meal Plan = $105 per person
Season Fast Pass = $125 per person
FunPix = $50
Season Cup = $32

Total For a family of four = $1478 per year

Cedar Fair New Pricing(Disney Styled Pricing)

Season Pass = $ 119 per person
Season Meal Plan = $105 per person
Season Fast Pass = $350 per person
FunPix = $50
Season Cup = $32

I'd also like to comment about your signature.
As mentioned 2 comments above, the only change was the Season Fast Pass, again, completely optional and also unnecessary 90% of the days the park is open. However, even at $350, it pays for itself in less than 8 visits, and that's going by the lowest price it can be on any given day. So, you likely get it after 4 or 5 max going on weekends. In fact, if you went the first 5 operating days in March and purchased FL each day, it comes to $350.

Girl, bye.
By yawetag
You can save $150 by not getting FunPix for each person. You only need one person with it, unless you're all going individually.
By coasterbruh
Even then, you can take the pass that has it with you. Some people just want something for nothing.
By jeffdavis
In the signature budget math, in both scenarios the funpix and drink cup are only in the calculation once, not per person.

Add me to the list of people who don't mind the optional items going up in price. Gold passes are still very affordable and reasonable for anyone living within a couple hours of the park. Less than 5 weeks until the park opens!
By HiveDive
Amusement park pricing is very much affordable to families, as that’s their target market. They even offer monthly payment options. Furthermore the drink plan & food plan are also very economical. 2 meals a day every day of the season is very good deal. Also I don’t think season long fast lane is really meant for families tbh, unless you’re family is planning on going a lot(Not to mention younger individuals might not even need fast lane due to the limited options available for use). Season long fastlane seems more targeted toward individuals. $350 fast lane is also not that expensive compared to some of the other parks (KI & Knotts $550 & CP $750). Personally I got my money’s worth with Season long fast lane @ KI even on the days that it wasn’t “needed”
By yawetag
coasterbruh wrote:Even then, you can take the pass that has it with you. Some people just want something for nothing.

In my experience last year, the person with the pass had to be scanned into the park. The few times I went without my son (who had the pass on his card), any time we tried to scan for a FunPix, it showed an error.