General Carowinds discussion
By Glitch99
Cameron wrote:I choose the Aviation one but both were absolutely amazing.

Does either one yield more exciting and unique ride opportunities? Because (and as I answered in the survey) the ride quality and food quality is what matters to me, no matter how things happen to be painted. I'd much rather evaluate the different ride options that come with each theme, but that wasnt within the scope of this survey. If this is about taking XYZ ride and theming it to either choice A or choice B, I really couldnt care less.
By gabed
I prefer the art one more, but the aviation theme is so much more fitting for the park, especially if this ends up being a Crossroads re-theme, so that's where my vote went.
By RollerBee
Hmm......
We got an old “soundstage” sitting in Thrill Zone that still fits the Wayne’s World theming....

Could possibly be rethemed into a repurposed factory...

For the record I hate both themes.
By Justin
I favored the Aviation theme because it fits better to the Carowinds brand. I also saw that it mentioned that it would contain some Steampunk vibe. I love Steampunk! When the survey mentioned DaVinci, I immediately thought of BG Williamsburg Italy theming.

I did not favor the Arts theme because I don't see the Carolinas known for arts. That's an Austin thing. It (could) be fitting in a way since it reminds me of gentrification and there is plenty of that going on in Charlotte. (NoDa, Plz-Mdwd, SouthEnd)

I honestly can't picture any other Carolina theming. OH, Carowinds could theme an area incorporating the Herritage USA vibe from back in the day. Ya know, take a ride on the Jim Bakker teacups, or Tammy Faye Bakker ferris wheel, all while listening to choir music. And Carowinds can build a hotel tower without permits and sell pyramid scheme timeshares :P
By formeryogi
Justin wrote:I did not favor the Arts theme because I don't see the Carolinas known for arts. That's an Austin thing. It (could) be fitting in a way since it reminds me of gentrification and there is plenty of that going on in Charlotte. (NoDa, Plz-Mdwd, SouthEnd)
:P

Gentrification. I had the same exact thought. Why go to Carowinds to "experience" that when I can go to South End, NoDa or the many other areas just like that? The "look" is becoming ordinary because it's everywhere.
By super7
I think the aviation theme would better fit the Carolina theme since there wS Kitty Hawk. The art theme would be reminiscent of Asheville but I don’t really care for it mixed with industrial. They should be two separate themes.

I hope this is for the old County Fair area and original Country Crossroads stands as is. It is The original part of the park most in tact. Those used to be two separate areas. They made part of Country Crossroads into Blue Ridge Junction but that area was originally Indian Thicket when the park was built and later combined into Country Crossroads.

I’m absolutely thrilled that the park is concentrating on three mean again. It’s so much more better experience than just adding thrill rides all over the place.
By coasterbruh
For the last 5 years the park has put an emphasis on theming. They realize people want immersion, experiences, an escape.
By super7
coasterbruh wrote:For the last 5 years the park has put an emphasis on theming. They realize people want immersion, experiences, an escape.

Like the original park concept! Although I will say that copperhead strike has the best theming ever at Carowinds.
By yawetag
Did they provide numbers? CS at 3rd surprises me, though I wonder if it was due to the extended outages earlier in the season.
By Glitch99
yawetag wrote:Did they provide numbers? CS at 3rd surprises me, though I wonder if it was due to the extended outages earlier in the season.

Not specific numbers, but "over xxx rides".

Hurler - 500k
Afterburn - 875k
CS - 880k
Intimidator - 1.16M
Fury - 1.24M