General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231

This looks like fun :thumbup: I know it’s launched, but I can’t imagine it’s more wear and tear than your average GCI if the speed is more in line with the others (e.g. Mystic Timbers, Gold Striker, etc.).
By coasterbruh
That looked boring . . .
By uscbandfan
That;'s kind of what I was thinking. A long ride and only one train. Very low capacity. Lines would be (dare I say it) longer than Nighthawk. :shock:
By tarheel1231
There’s ways around the issue of capacity. You can build a double load station like the Mr. Freeze Rides, and the layout can be easily changed to include more airtime hills/laterals.

My dream would be like a wooden version of Hagrid with a high speed switch-track before the spike, and a drop track towards the end of the ride. But I still think you could pull off some decent theming with this.
By KeepPounding9213
The question is we do know yes that Carowinds can use another dry water ride or 2 but will Cedar Fair take the time out to invest in newer dry water rides when park has none to begin with. Not counting Carolina harbor. I mean again it’s the only cedar fair park without a dry water ride. Maybe cedar fair doesn’t care that they don’t have any dry water rides in the park or like I keep bringing up they’re afraid to build a fluke after what happened to shoot the rapids at Cedar Point but thats Intamin. If carowinds goes without 1 dry water ride in the next decade what do you think about that? Screamscape has said antique auto cars are coming to replace Dino’s I’ve been following them since high school not sure if their the best theme park source.
By KeepPounding9213
Something like this from Luna park would be nice in addition to an updated Rip Roaring rapids ride. Btw I hope they don’t tear down nighthawk because that’s the only flyer they have in their park. Flyers are still popular. Actually I don’t think no one notices that carowinds is the only park in the south without a dry water ride ouch!!!!!! It isn’t the Deep South but the Carolinas can easily get into the 90’s every once and awhile the 100’s.
Attachments
By yawetag
KeepPounding9213 wrote:Screamscape has said antique auto cars are coming to replace Dino’s I’ve been following them since high school not sure if their the best theme park source.

Screamscape said that because it was talked about here. He doesn't have any better sources than others have on here.
By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:My dream would be like a wooden version of Hagrid with a high speed switch-track before the spike, and a drop track towards the end of the ride. But I still think you could pull off some decent theming with this.

What makes rides like hagrid, revenge of the mummy, space mountain is basically the heavy theming. A wooden version would be a maintenance nightmare (to me) with all those moving parts. You have to remember, wooden coasters come with a lifetime of care and replacements. Imagine of that high speed switch develops a pothole lol .
By arby
When you post an idea in one thread, you don't need to post it in multiple other threads. :wave:
By tarheel1231
Since it's becoming more apparent that Cedar Fair wants to turn Carowinds into a multi-day vacation destination, I think the park's next hotel should feature an indoor water park a la Castaway Bay. Here's my concept for what I think it should be:

THE GRAND APPALACHIA

Themed to a ski resort, The Grand Appalachia would be Carowinds' first non-chain hotel. It would fill the lot of the park's premier hotel, one's that's not necessarily five-star, but has more amenities than Springhill Suites (i.e. balconies, water park, spa. restaurant, etc.). The hotel would contain around 200 rooms, bringing Carowinds' total room count above 300. The exterior would be similar to Disney's Wilderness Lodge at WDW:

It would be located on the empty plot of land next to Cabela's, with the water park facing the highway for visibility from I-77:

The water park, continuing the theme of a ski resort, would have an aesthetic similar to Blizzard Beach at WDW:

The water park would only be exclusive to guests staying at one of the resorts at the park (i.e. The Grand Appalachia, Springhill Suites, and Camp Wilderness), with Appalachia guests getting early entry into the water park. In terms of attractions, I think something in the vein of what Castaway Bay already has would work well. Especially something like Rendezvous Run, since there isn't a water coaster in either NC or SC:

The water park would help in driving overnight stays during the last part of the year (Winterfest), and keep revenue coming through the offseason. It could turn a two-day visit to a three-day visit with Carowinds and Carolina Harbor occupying two days on their own. It's also an attraction in and of itself, so it wouldn't necessarily need to piggyback off of Carowinds. So I think a hotel with an indoor water park would be a smart move, if another one is on the way.
By tarheel1231
Ditto, the only one I feel would be appropriate at Carowinds is the Tilt-a-Whirl, but even then, it just looks super cheap and tacky. I don’t even think it’d fit with County Fair.
By RollerBee
:wtf: :eh: :think:
tarheel1231 wrote:Ditto, the only one I feel would be appropriate at Carowinds is the Tilt-a-Whirl, but even then, it just looks super cheap and tacky. I don’t even think it’d fit with County Fair.

The County Fair is themed to 1958(?), the Tilt A Whirl was invented in the 20 or 30 I think. The County Fair opens next week in my town and they have set up a Tilt A Whirl.

I will give you Lowe capacity but I think even Carowinds could dress up a Tilt a Whirl.

As far as Coney Island’s rides, I would rather get the Ferris Wheel.