General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
coasterbruh wrote:Hell, 95% of the people who come on here with stuff has no inside sources . . . Just throwing stuff on the wall until it sticks.

Yes, but we're in a forum where our spaghetti is known to be conjecture. I can't say the same for Screamscape's readers.
By Glitch99
uscbandfan wrote:There's no reason why they can't have an RMC AND an Antique ride in the Dino's area... especially if they take more of the parking lot at the South Gate. Would be cool to ride the cars through the bottom of the coaster.

It'd be really hard without the coaster already in place, unless you're willing to tear up the car track to reconfigure it a year after installing it. But I agree, the coaster supports could be dressed up with that much-desired theming - trees, buildings, tunnels, etc - as you wind through the track. It wouldnt feel like you're just driving under a roller coaster.
By HiveDive
Why would it come in 2020? Makes Almost zero sense.... if they were building that large of a flat ride they would have advertised it when they were promoting season pass renewals. As others have mentioned lack of permits also suggest this isn’t happening in 2020.
By uscbandfan
Glitch99 wrote:
uscbandfan wrote:There's no reason why they can't have an RMC AND an Antique ride in the Dino's area... especially if they take more of the parking lot at the South Gate. Would be cool to ride the cars through the bottom of the coaster.

It'd be really hard without the coaster already in place, unless you're willing to tear up the car track to reconfigure it a year after installing it. But I agree, the coaster supports could be dressed up with that much-desired theming - trees, buildings, tunnels, etc - as you wind through the track. It wouldnt feel like you're just driving under a roller coaster.

:thumbup:

If it's planned ahead of time, the cars layout can be configured with the coaster supports in mind.
By Glitch99
Assuming for a moment that this rumor is accurate, what's the chances it is more than just a typical antique car ride, something more elaborate and involved that's an upcharge attraction like the Dinos?
People are saying that this won’t be a 2020 attraction but they announced the Gliders in October last year, and they have a bit of a “teaser” I guess you could say on the website on the new for 2020 page.
By coasterbruh
They had also mention they were coming back as flying eagles before they decided to officially make them apart of blue ridge junction.
By JWitter
uscbandfan wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:

:thumbup:

If it's planned ahead of time, the cars layout can be configured with the coaster supports in mind.

It would have to be planned ahead of time anyways, it takes a long time to design, build and install a coaster. It would be very noticeable if they planned on doing both on that plot.
By coasterbruh
Coasterphreak wrote:This thread should probably either be merged with the 2021 speculation thread or locked since there has been no proof provided.

This is one of many . . .
By fishels
This sounds incredibly disappointing, so unfortunately I’m leaning towards it being true.

Not based on anything of course. Just trying to get ahead of my disappointment .

So much space over there....
By RollerBee
fishels wrote:This sounds incredibly disappointing, so unfortunately I’m leaning towards it being true.

Not based on anything of course. Just trying to get ahead of my disappointment .

So much space over there....

I don’t believe this rumor but look how small of an area the Antique Autos takes at KI. If this is true it might be part of a larger project.
By Edwardo
Why is this disappointing if true? You do realize that without these types of rides regular folk that pay for thrill rides stop showing up, right?