General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
Looks like Michigan's Adventure closed their car ride (Be-Bop Blvd) this weekend. Maybe it's headed our way to fill that "antique car" gap some of us want to fill.
By coasterbruh
I think it's too soon for an addition to the water park.
By RMC1821
My prediction for 2020 will be a large flat ride of some kind. All signs are pointing at a Zamperla Discovery like MaxAir in CP. definitely not getting a major coaster for a few years but it is interesting to see what they are doing with the RRR space and the Dino area.

I was skeptical at RMC’ing Hurler at first but after riding Twisted Timbers in KD this summer, I am 100% for it unless we get a ground up RMC.

There is room for a small but intense ride in the Dino Alive area and it could go over the south gate and use some of the parking lot and plants/zombies part. That’s a possibility to keep Hurler the way it is and get our RMC.

Cedar Fair has been adding in a good bit of Dive coasters recently and we might be in the market for that down the road if it stays popular, then you could possibly see Vortex or even Nighthawk replaced by the Dive. I think both rides will remain the way they are for now. They aren’t the greatest anymore but they aren’t too bad either.
By dirkdiggler1992
RMC1821 wrote:My prediction for 2020 ...All signs are pointing at a Zamperla Discovery like MaxAir in CP.

Where are these “signs” pointing toward a Discovery for 2020? Check out the water park and you may find some more convincing signs. I wouldn’t mind a Disc in the long run though, MaXair is technically a Huss Frisbee.
By Edwardo
No CF park (that I’m aware of) has a Discovery. There are a couple Huss Giant Frisbies, a couple of Mondial Revolutions, and a few KMG Afterburners.
By JWitter
My office is near Carowinds, while out for lunch yesterday I saw a flat bed trailer with a giant blue base that looked like a flat ride base headed towards Carowinds. This was around 12:30pm spotted on South Tryon turning towards the park. Not sure what it was, and sorry I couldn't snap a picture in time due to traffic.
By Thrill Capture
Carowinds water park expansion for next year. There was a covered sign that someone peaked through spotted by Carolina Harbor and Zephyr that said Boogie Board Run. Well idk 100% about the "Run" part, but it looks like either "Racers" or "Reef" If you want to see this pic of it it's on my Instagram: @thrillcapture
By gabed
Dude honestly at this point I want it to be a mat racer just because I know you’ve been begging for one for years
By Justin
JWitter wrote:My office is near Carowinds, while out for lunch yesterday I saw a flat bed trailer with a giant blue base that looked like a flat ride base headed towards Carowinds. This was around 12:30pm spotted on South Tryon turning towards the park. Not sure what it was, and sorry I couldn't snap a picture in time due to traffic.

It could be going to the Outlet Mall at Berewick. There is a Charlotte Summer Carnival setting up in the Outlet's parking lot. Starts this Friday and runs all the way until next next Sunday.
By coasterbruh
Thrill Capture wrote: If you want to see this pic of it it's on my Instagram: @thrillcapture

I don't see it. Just post it lol.
By sv18
coasterbruh wrote:
Thrill Capture wrote: If you want to see this pic of it it's on my Instagram: @thrillcapture

I don't see it. Just post it lol.

He put it on his story