General Carowinds discussion
By MISTER FANBOY
Ok, i know that i put this forum up early last year too, but i looked at the forum last year, and there was a haunt announcement made on the fourth of july.
So... On that note, what does everybody think the announcement will be? I got insider information from a cast member that Zombie high school is going away this year and being turned into Mrs. clauses kitchen for Winterfest. the facade is completely ripped off the face of the building. i was also riding fury and saw a big medieval stone archway prop, so maybe a new maze and a new scarezone? because i also saw an alarming amount of haunt panels outside of silver scream. :?: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:[/quote]
Last edited by MISTER FANBOY on June 29th, 2019, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Coasterphreak
I have also heard talk about Zombie High going away which doesn't surprise me as it had gotten a bit stale. What will surprise me is if they don't build a haunt elsewhere on the property to replace it, particularly considering how crowded Scarowinds can get on high volume nights.

Somebody here mentioned the possibility of using the RRR queue for Scarowinds, but I kinda doubt that. I suppose they could also put something up in the DA area as long as it closes by mid-August to remove the animatronics, but otherwise we might be a haunt short this year if they do indeed convert ZH to a Winterfest attraction.

I also think SSS is getting rethemed because last year's gimmick was pretty dumb.
By MISTER FANBOY
Coasterphreak wrote:I have also heard talk about Zombie High going away which doesn't surprise me as it had gotten a bit stale. What will surprise me is if they don't build a haunt elsewhere on the property to replace it, particularly considering how crowded Scarowinds can get on high volume nights.

Somebody here mentioned the possibility of using the RRR queue for Scarowinds, but I kinda doubt that. I suppose they could also put something up in the DA area as long as it closes by mid-August to remove the animatronics, but otherwise we might be a haunt short this year if they do indeed convert ZH to a Winterfest attraction.

I also think SSS is getting rethemed because last year's gimmick was pretty dumb.

Agreed. I think that in DA they need to put in an interactive zombie shooter maze like patient zero at Knotts, I would love for something like that to come to this park! :mrgreen:
By Coasterphreak
The only problem with patient zero (from what I've heard) is that it's super low capacity compared to a traditional walkthrough, which isn't a huge issue when you have 8 to 10 mazes every year but would make our already long lines even longer when we only have 5 to 6 each year.
By Christopher Mallis
Zombie high probably isn’t completely going away. The bus is under fury where they had the pirate ship for deadman’s landing last year. They’re probably turning it into some new maze. I don’t think carowinds is going to move mrs claus’ Kitchen for the 3rd time but that’s just me.
By MISTER FANBOY
This year is their 20th anniversary, and we might an entire maze from our lineup? What the hell scarowinds. :evil:
By Christopher Mallis
The maze building is pretty small to house mrs. Claus’ cookies if you ask me. They’re building new things under fury that may possibly be for scarowinds.
By Distopia
Christopher Mallis wrote:The maze building is pretty small to house mrs. Claus’ cookies if you ask me. They’re building new things under fury that may possibly be for scarowinds.

It is bigger than the Carolina Harbor Gift Shop....
By FezzyGamer
I rode Cobras today specifically to get a look at Zombie High. It doesn’t look good. Exterior completely removed with no sign of the original theming.
Attachments
The exterior of Zombie High
By Coasterphreak
Obviously it's not coming back for 2019, the question is are they remodeling it for scarowinds or will it turn into a winterfest attraction?
By Coasterphreak
My personal bet is on both, you can have ALIENS ATE MY NEIGHBOR... IN 3D! or something similar for scarowinds that is easily broken down for a winterfest retheme.
By MISTER FANBOY
Coasterphreak wrote:My personal bet is on both, you can have ALIENS ATE MY NEIGHBOR... IN 3D! or something similar for scarowinds that is easily broken down for a winterfest retheme.

:clap: :lol: IDK where you got that idea, but it's genius! maybe they could make a clown maze and then repurpose it to be a funhouse either year-round or during Winterfest!
By Coasterphreak
Oh, I was just making something up. The thing about 3D mazes in particular is they tend to have fewer large props and set pieces, which makes them a lot easier to break down and store quickly.
By BS1983CLT
I just think it's ridiculous that we only have 6 haunts for as busy as Scarowinds is...

Most of all other large Cedar Fair parks offer more haunts than us. Plus, ours is a separate ticketed event.

They should have 8 haunts each year + scare zones...

Could they make a haunt somewhere in Carolina Harbor?