General Carowinds discussion
Those temporary gates were still up as late as 10 days ago. There was NOBODY in the park and EVERY ride was a walk-on. I rode Copperhead multiple times without leaving the station. That was a weekday. I doubt even the Saturday and Sunday crowds warrant those now. (Personally, I wont wait 2 hours for it. But, that's why I go on weekdays so I don't have to spend money on a fastpass and I can have shorter lines.)

If they're gone, then that's a good thing. My next visit will be Monday. I'm sure I'll be just an annoyed as most folks with the 10 mile walk through the queue line to get 100 feet to the station.
They were gone when I was there Wednesday and every other day I’ve been recently, lol. Therefore my point still stands. They are up when they are anticipating big crowds. Whether or not they get those big crowds is a different thing entirely.
Edwardo wrote:They haven’t been up the last two Friday’s I’ve been, not last nite, so longer than 10 days.

Last two Friday's you say? WRONG.

I was there two Friday's ago. (I probably saw you since it was pouring down rain and there were literally only 100 people in the park.) They were DEFINITELY up then. We had a discussion about how unneeded they were along with every other queue line in the park. (The sun did finally show itself a little in the afternoon.)

So, MAYBE longer than 10 days... but DEFINITELY LESS than 14.
Was there Tuesday, no extra gates. My wife and I go on the weekdays to avoid lines, the long walk through the queue isn't bad, just annoying when you have people ducking under them skipping everyone, but those peoples time is obviously way more important than others, so i understand
Lit wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/Charlotte/comments/c3j6u2/anyone_at_carowinds_tonight_have_any_info_on_the/

Was there an incident tonight? Anyone have any info?

The ride continued running after the people were "freaking out". GP gonna GP.
uscbandfan wrote:
Edwardo wrote:They haven’t been up the last two Friday’s I’ve been, not last nite, so longer than 10 days.

Last two Friday's you say? WRONG.

I was there two Friday's ago. (I probably saw you since it was pouring down rain and there were literally only 100 people in the park.) They were DEFINITELY up then. We had a discussion about how unneeded they were along with every other queue line in the park. (The sun did finally show itself a little in the afternoon.)

So, MAYBE longer than 10 days... but DEFINITELY LESS than 14.

You’re right, it wasn’t two Fridays ago, as I wasn’t there for any rain. Maybe it was three. They haven’t been up in the last bit though. I was at the park in the 14th and 20th and they for sure didn’t have them up.