Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Zadra has been blown over by extreme winds in Poland. I know the structure isn't complete and all but it is a bit concerning that it cant hold itself up without track in place. You would think the supports would be supporting the track on their own without the track having to support the supports.

Hiveminded wrote:Zadra has been blown over by extreme winds in Poland. I know the structure isn't complete and all but it is a bit concerning that it cant hold itself up without track in place. You would think the supports would be supporting the track on their own without the track having to support the supports.

Holy crap! That's terrible! I am really hyped up to see zadra, especially after the masterpiece that was hyperion. I sure hope they'll continue construction soon!
It was also a freak storm, 70+ miles winds. I've also read the supports weren't completely secured as they needed it to be loose to help put new pieces on.

I would be more concerned if the ride were farther along. At this point, it was just a bunch of matchsticks barely connected to each other.
Good point. This will obviously push the opening date back though... shame that such a ride in the works has to go back to square one. It looks to be like goliath at SFGA but cranked up to eleven, and it honestly looks like a top ten ride in europe, even with hyperion being in the same park. Sure hope construction resumes soon!
Hiveminded wrote:Zadra has been blown over by extreme winds in Poland. I know the structure isn't complete and all but it is a bit concerning that it cant hold itself up without track in place. You would think the supports would be supporting the track on their own without the track having to support the supports.

Didn’t SOB suffer the same fate during it’s original construction?
But . . . according to someone's logic construction had to have started like 2 months ago in order for Cedar Fair to be getting a major attraction for 2020 lol :thumbup: :lol: :wave: :thumbup:
So KI's Giga's blueprints were leaked, someone made a pretty nice recreation based off of them:

I'm gonna avoid linking the actual blueprints since they seem taboo (mods removing it on various sites), but this seems pretty good! Two hive dive-like maneuvers and a low speed hill like Leviathan.