General Carowinds discussion
Snowman wrote:Hi all, I'm not asking to spoil anything for anyone, but I'm deaf in my left ear and I can't after many rides understand anything Granny is saying in the barn. Or what the male voice says at the end of the ride. Any translation would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this thread. It is spoiler talk of "Whats in the barn". I think most of us are a bit confused as to what's being said. I couldn't hear it too well when I rode either.
mdsmith98 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Hi all, I'm not asking to spoil anything for anyone, but I'm deaf in my left ear and I can't after many rides understand anything Granny is saying in the barn. Or what the male voice says at the end of the ride. Any translation would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this thread. It is spoiler talk of "Whats in the barn". I think most of us are a bit confused as to what's being said. I couldn't hear it too well when I rode either.

I didn't see that thread, thank you.

Not gonna lie I have no clue what they say either. I kind of would like to know what is said also
Carowindsman wrote:

Not gonna lie I have no clue what they say either. I kind of would like to know what is said also

After riding Copperhead Strike more, and watching some online POV’s, I am fairly confident in my guess I posted in that thread. However, when the car engine revs, something else is said by granny I think. And I have no idea on that one.
Finally got to ride CS, I was at the park on Friday at opening time. It was a fantastic ride, well worth the wait and anticipation. Probably my new favorite ride at Carowinds. I was able to ride it 5 times in a row without exiting the station which was nice. I'm a huge fan of the front row, the middle was fun, the 2nd row is terrible absolutely terrible. I'm looking forward to trying out the back row soon.

P.S. I was very happy that I didn't have to run, nor deal with crowds of people running past me to get to the ride first.

That jojo roll is far more exciting than I expected it to be.
JWitter wrote:Finally got to ride CS, I was at the park on Friday at opening time. It was a fantastic ride, well worth the wait and anticipation. Probably my new favorite ride at Carowinds. I was able to ride it 5 times in a row without exiting the station which was nice. I'm a huge fan of the front row, the middle was fun, the 2nd row is terrible absolutely terrible. I'm looking forward to trying out the back row soon.

P.S. I was very happy that I didn't have to run, nor deal with crowds of people running past me to get to the ride first.

That jojo roll is far more exciting than I expected it to be.

Wow 5 times in a row?! Guess who’s gonna start going Friday morning at park open :lol:
I was there last thursday, on the second, and finally got over my fear of coasters by riding Copperhead. It was amazing. I was with a school group so we went on it 2 times in the morning. I rode in row 4 both times. Later in the day at about 4:30 we went back and I went on it 5 times in about 20 mins. Rode in rows 3, 4, 5 and 6 and figured out row 4 is probably one of the best places to ride besides front and back. Also I noticed the whole ride seemed to have more hangtime after it was warmed up later in the day.
deaconnor wrote:Why is the second row absolutely terrible?

The 2nd row felt really rough, especially on the loops I felt like I was being bent in half and didn't much enjoy it. The First row was amazing, and I also rode the 4th row which was far better than 2nd row.

Who knows, maybe I'm crazy, but 2nd row sucked for me.

P.S. it was awesome getting to ride it so many times back to back, happy that I took the risk on a Friday morning.
One evening, I noticed one of the three trains had their lights off. Asked one of the Ops and he said they turn them off for one of the trains. My guess is there's a switch somewhere on the train and someone decided to do it or not -- IF they know it's an option.

Don't know how they generate the power to run them, but I would suppose it's something they'd want to turn off overnight.
Is there any site that categorizes and ranks coasters based on hangtime? I bet this would be near the top in the world. Also, they are sort of marketing this as a family coaster but it’s really hard for me to see this. Kids are typically most scared of inversions and being upside down. Great ride though!