Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Evidently, documents indicate a new coaster by B&M coming to Kings Island, likely for the 2020 season. The first thing that comes to many people's mind is giga. Has anyone else seen this? Coaster net did a video on it, and you can view the blog post on coaster nation here: https://coaster-nation.com/documents-indicate-new-coaster-coming-to-kings-island/.

I don't know if I personally believe it will be a giga, or if it is a giga, it won't be for 2020. With Cedar Point's 150th anniversary in 2020, they are most likely getting a coaster, or something big and exciting. I feel like with Kings Island in the same state (3 and a half hours away), a coaster as large as a giga may take Cedar Point's spotlight for their 150th celebration. Of course Kings Island opens a little over a month earlier than Cedar Point does, but still. And with CGA's rumored hyper, I feel like a giga and a hyper (if both are from B&M) would be a little over Cedar Fair's budget. You also have to take into account, Cedar Point is likely getting something in 2020. So I don't really know what to think about this whole thing.
Parks don't necessarily built big for anniversaries. A nice celebratory event yes. The documents are for 2018, 2019 and 2020 additions. That article cropped that part out. So if those are valid documents, the B&M is for 2020.
Full page of the document from another source:
Oh, thanks! I missed the part about the specific years. 2020 is going to be a very interesting year. If KI gets that giga, I wonder what CGA will get. Word on the block is they are getting a 200+ foot addition for 2020, hyper is the first thing that comes to enthusiasts mind. It could be anything I suppose. But if KI is getting that giga, I don’t think CGA’s rumored 2020 addition will be B&M. B&Ms are quite expensive, can’t see cedar fair doing a giga and hyper both by B&M in the same year. Too expensive. And I’m almost certain CP is getting something exciting for 2020.
If cedar Fair attendance is down their might not be 3 high cost coasters
I’m not saying they can’t.... just don’t think it’s likely. That was also under different leadership (Dick Kinzel).

I don’t see KI, CGA, and CP all getting coasters in 2020, unless CF’s numbers take a turn in the positive direction next year. CF doesn’t usually do huge things for anniversaries, but it is CP we are talking about. They are probably gonna get something nice, whether it be a coaster or not.

Who really knows. It’s too early.
mdsmith98 wrote:Oh, thanks! I missed the part about the specific years. 2020 is going to be a very interesting year. If KI gets that giga, I wonder what CGA will get. Word on the block is they are getting a 200+ foot addition for 2020, hyper is the first thing that comes to enthusiasts mind. It could be anything I suppose. But if KI is getting that giga, I don’t think CGA’s rumored 2020 addition will be B&M. B&Ms are quite expensive, can’t see cedar fair doing a giga and hyper both by B&M in the same year. Too expensive. And I’m almost certain CP is getting something exciting for 2020.

There's a rumor I've read on multiple fan sites that CP Wicked Twister will be relocated to CGA. It's in the way of their waterfront improvement apparently. Why they wouldn't keep it at CP, I have no idea, as it would keep their coaster count high.

If it's going to leave CP though, I'd love it to relocate to Carowinds not CGA. But since you're wondering what 200 footer CGA may get, that's what I've heard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters ... ter_rumor/ (search for CGA on the linked reddit item)
also
https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/wick ... ping-block
(there's some side discussion about which coaster is in a particular photograph, don't get sidetracked)
mdsmith98 wrote:I don’t see KI, CGA, and CP all getting coasters in 2020, unless CF’s numbers take a turn in the positive direction next year.

We just saw CGA, CP, KBF and KD get coasters in the same year . . .
Yea, that was just rare. When has that ever happened prior to 2018? That’s just not what Cedar Fair usually does...

Those coasters didn’t include a B&M giga or a B&M hyper, did they? Didn’t think so. RMC’s aren’t that expensive (especially Hybrids), Gerstlauer isn’t all that expensive either. Not saying the “coasters for 2020” will be B&Ms, but they definitely won’t be Intamin. If CGA gets Wicked Twister from CP, that could be their “hyper coaster” which will make all of this make sense. Other than that, I don’t see all these coasters coming for 2020. Sorry.
First you say they won't build a hyper and giga in the same year . . . that was debunked and you gave an excuse.

Then you said they won't build multi coasters at one time . . . that TOO was debunked and you gave an excuse.

Can you just admit that Cedar fair is not as predictable as you seem to think and just ride the wave?
I am speculating here based on what we are accustomed to from Cedar Fair. Sure, Cedar Fair surprises us sometimes. I'm sure most of us didn't expect Carowinds' 2019 coaster (when it was first speculated) to be a Mack, since the last time they worked with Mack on a coaster was 2013 with Coast Rider at KBF. So I guess in a sense they aren't as "predictable as I seem to think". I never once said its impossible. Just said I didn't see it happening.

The great thing about this board (and the world) is we all have an opinion, :)
mdsmith98 wrote:Evidently, documents indicate a new coaster by B&M coming to Kings Island, likely for the 2020 season. The first thing that comes to many people's mind is giga. Has anyone else seen this? Coaster net did a video on it, and you can view the blog post on coaster nation here: https://coaster-nation.com/documents-indicate-new-coaster-coming-to-kings-island/.

I don't know if I personally believe it will be a giga, or if it is a giga, it won't be for 2020. With Cedar Point's 150th anniversary in 2020, they are most likely getting a coaster, or something big and exciting. I feel like with Kings Island in the same state (3 and a half hours away), a coaster as large as a giga may take Cedar Point's spotlight for their 150th celebration. Of course Kings Island opens a little over a month earlier than Cedar Point does, but still. And with CGA's rumored hyper, I feel like a giga and a hyper (if both are from B&M) would be a little over Cedar Fair's budget. You also have to take into account, Cedar Point is likely getting something in 2020. So I don't really know what to think about this whole thing.

Turns out these documents were just for replacement parts for one of the park’s existing B&M coasters. Kinda disappointing but sadly true.