General Carowinds discussion
redrunner97 wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:Another continent? They kept hyping the "first in the Carolinas", which implies the exclusivity is limited to the Carolinas not North America. Or were they keying just on the launch aspect, while you're adding the manufacturer qualifier too?

Because up until Copperhead Strike was announced, the only way to ride a Mack launched coaster like this would be to travel to either Europe or Asia... you know, other continents?

That was a genuine question. If it's the first in North America why wouldnt they announce "The first in North America" instead of "The first in the Carolinas"? I'm not questioning your fact, I'm questioning why they'd keep the hype to a regional scale instead of global.
Glitch99 wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:Another continent? They kept hyping the "first in the Carolinas", which implies the exclusivity is limited to the Carolinas not North America. Or were they keying just on the launch aspect, while you're adding the manufacturer qualifier too?

Because up until Copperhead Strike was announced, the only way to ride a Mack launched coaster like this would be to travel to either Europe or Asia... you know, other continents?

That was a genuine question. If it's the first in North America why wouldnt they announce "The first in North America" instead of "The first in the Carolinas"? I'm not questioning your fact, I'm questioning why they'd keep the hype to a regional scale instead of global.

There are a couple of Mack sit downs in the US already, but they are more family rides (Manta, for example). This is the first extreme Mack. Kind of hard to emphasize that, so they just went with 'First in the Carolinas.'
mdbraves wrote:Wonder what the height restrictions will be. My son is 49 inches, so I’m hoping 48 inches. I don’t know what other Mack launch coasters are.

The stat sheet say 52 inches. My nephew is about the same as your son, so I figure there's a decent chance he'll be able to ride it sometime next summer.
Chris wrote:
Glitch99 wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:

There are a couple of Mack sit downs in the US already, but they are more family rides (Manta, for example). This is the first extreme Mack. Kind of hard to emphasize that, so they just went with 'First in the Carolinas.'

That makes sense. In general, most people wouldnt appreciate the details of what makes it "exclusive" on a larger scale. Thanks!
I just saw the POV. Thoughts:

1. Holy :silent: YES! Theming! Actual theming on a ride at Carowinds!

2. The second launch is an airtime hill? I don't expect to say in my seat.

3. The trains are going to look amazing at night! Mack trains use functioning headlights, so it'll add another layer of immersiveness to the ride.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: This might actually beat out Afterburn as second best!
phareous wrote:I believe they are referring to double-launched, not Mack. Not that there is even a single launched coaster in the Carolinas as far as I know...

They would have used first launched coaster, but that was White Lightning so the description is accurate. I suppose they could have said "only launch coaster in the Carolinas", but anyway...I don't do their marketing.

tarheel1231 wrote:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: This might actually beat out Afterburn as second best!

Very possible for me as well.
1) Some of you nailed this with your findings. Great job on your research and teaser-deciphering! And I remember somebody here, was it you Tarheel?, wishing for a Blue Ridge Junction (return) a long time ago. Here it is.

2) I'm equally interested in the new pathways, the interactions with the coaster from those pathways, and how that section of the park will tie together with the rest of the park.

3) Too early to know, but does anyone have an idea of whether this ride will have cubbies or lockers? I'm hoping for high capacity but the trains already seat half as many people as Fury and Intimidator.

4) What's the expected temperature tolerance of this type of ride? Winterfest 2019 is a long way away but I'm wondering if this ride could be open for that.