Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Thanks for the reminder, Jonathan. Robert would make a great ACE president.

Continuing the locker discussion here, it wouldn’t surprise me if more parks started doing what Universal implemented at some of their big attractions: a metal detector at the queue entrance to ensure you didn’t have any lose articles.
I've never been to Universal, but I don't think I like the idea of metal detectors. I assume they let you go if you have keys attached to a belt loop or your stuff secured in a zippered pocket, for example? What about fanny packs? Are those allowed?

I recently went to Lagoon alone, and while I don't have any complaints about having to keep my backpack in a locker, I did want to keep my phone with me all day. I used it to tell time, take pictures, and keep me entertained during ride waits. I'd have been pretty annoyed if I had to pass through a metal detector that wouldn't let me take my phone on.

Speaking of, I really enjoyed Lagoon!! I didn't get to ride the Jet Star (I didn't have anybody to ride with and didn't feel comfortable asking strangers to straddle me) but overall I really liked the park! They had some really good flat rides and a nice atmosphere in general.
aoriole19 wrote:I've never been to Universal, but I don't think I like the idea of metal detectors. I assume they let you go if you have keys attached to a belt loop or your stuff secured in a zippered pocket, for example? What about fanny packs? Are those allowed?

You wont get past the entrance to any rides with any metal objects if there are metal detectors. This includes keys, phones, etc. You'll be directed to a locker. At least they are free to use (for a limited time frame).
I went to Busch Tampa today for the first time. I managed to get every coaster credit except Gwazi of course. In my personal opinion, I like Afterburn more than Montu. Am I the only one???
Carowinds is my home park and I love Afterburn but to me Montu is the superior ride. You get the extra inversion (loop), the theming, and best of all coming out of the trench directly into that last barrel roll is awesome. It's taller and longer as well. Some will say Afterburn is more intense and maybe I can agree to that considering the transitions from element to element are fast paced and great but I don't think it's enough to overcome the other attributes Montu has that make it the better overall ride.
I was at SFOG yesterday and they announced over the PA system while I was in line for Twisted Cyclone that 6 Flags has a new policy stating that anyone caught with a cell phone or other video device on the ride, the ride will be stopped and the person would be removed from the park. They also announced that the new policy covers every ride inside the park.
Does anyone know what the add friend add foe button on this site do?
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Can someone help me out with something? I can’t figure out how to add a picture to a post, specifically from an iPhone.

Sure, when you go to reply to the thread, scroll down a bit (under the submit button to submit the post), then under “Options” the very last thing says “Add Files”. From there, just choose the option that best fits what you want to do, and you should be all good from there
mdsmith98 wrote:
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:Can someone help me out with something? I can’t figure out how to add a picture to a post, specifically from an iPhone.

Sure, when you go to reply to the thread, scroll down a bit (under the submit button to submit the post), then under “Options” the very last thing says “Add Files”. From there, just choose the option that best fits what you want to do, and you should be all good from there

I already tried that, and the progress bar stayed stuck at 100%. Whenever I went to preview the post, and even post it, the picture was there.
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:

I already tried that, and the progress bar stayed stuck at 100%. Whenever I went to preview the post, and even post it, the picture was there.

You need to click the Place Inline button. That will place the image in your post where the insertion point is located.

mdsmith98 wrote:
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:

You need to click the Place Inline button. That will place the image in your post where the insertion point is located.

Screenshot (8).png

Ohhhhhh Okay. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much for your help! If you can't tell, I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing :P
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:I already tried that, and the progress bar stayed stuck at 100%. Whenever I went to preview the post, and even post it, the picture was there.

Screenshot (8).png

Ohhhhhh Okay. That makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much for your help! If you can't tell, I'm pretty new to this whole forum thing :P

No problem at all! I was just as confused as you were when I first started using the forums :lol: