Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By coasterfreak
Oh boy...

Cedar Fair spikes on report of Six Flags interest
Oct. 2, 2019 12:04 PM ET|About: Cedar Fair, L.P. (FUN)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
Shares of Cedar Fair (FUN +5.8%) have been halted after Reuters reports Six Flags Entertainment (SIX -0.3%) has a made a bid to acquire the theme park company.

Cedar Fair is reportedly considering the offer.

Nasdaq indicates the current trading halt is due to volatility.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3503458-cedar-fair-spikes-report-six-flags-interest?fbclid=IwAR3tWfWGb4a-GydcF0om31PRMiHRXX93eq_TQGHTjPG1iJwxVpEQF5KZAc4
By Capler
(Reuters) - U.S. theme park operator Six Flags Entertainment Corp (NYSE: SIX) has approached peer Cedar Fair LP (NYSE: FUN) with an acquisition offer, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

Cedar Fair is considering Six Flags' cash-and-stock offer, and there is no certainty that a deal will be reached, the sources said. Details of the offer could not be learned.

The sources asked not to be identified because the matter is confidential. The companies did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
By Carowindsman
I saw it. Yeah apparently they are looking into it. I saw where it may be just certain parks.

Six Flags Carowinds.
By Capler
Carowindsman wrote:I saw it. Yeah apparently they are looking into it. I saw where it may be just certain parks.

Six Flags Carowinds.

Maybe they are looking to get rid of some of the smaller parks they are not investing in. At least I hope that is the case. i can't even imagine being owned by Six Flags. BTW, do they even have enough value to buy the whole company?
By tarheel1231
I hope they’re only looking to sell off the smaller parks that they aren’t investing in (i.e. Valley Fair and Michigan’s Adventure, and maybe Dorney and Worlds of Fun), but I hope they keep the former Paramount parks along with Cedar Point and Knott’s. They’re more profitable, and I really can’t imagine Carowinds as a Six Flags park.
By Edwardo
The ONLY way it would be good is if the CF corporate management was kept.

I’m seeing elsewhere that it’s a ‘stretch’ according to Wells Fargo. For multiple reasons. Though SF doesn’t currently have a CEO.

Edit: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3503468-c ... discounted

I definitely don’t see the synergies between the two companies.
Last edited by Edwardo on October 2nd, 2019, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By coasterbruh
Yeah, if anything, it would be to eliminate competition
coasterfreak wrote:Oh boy...

Cedar Fair spikes on report of Six Flags interest
Oct. 2, 2019 12:04 PM ET|About: Cedar Fair, L.P. (FUN)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor
Shares of Cedar Fair (FUN +5.8%) have been halted after Reuters reports Six Flags Entertainment (SIX -0.3%) has a made a bid to acquire the theme park company.

Cedar Fair is reportedly considering the offer.

Nasdaq indicates the current trading halt is due to volatility.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3503458-cedar-fair-spikes-report-six-flags-interest?fbclid=IwAR3tWfWGb4a-GydcF0om31PRMiHRXX93eq_TQGHTjPG1iJwxVpEQF5KZAc4
By Edwardo
Cedar Fair will very likely never get rid of Michigan’s Adventure or Dorney. They aren’t ‘neglecting’ those parks. MI especially, and Dorney are two of the most profitable parks in the chain.

They aren’t adding stuff often because the parks are making enough money and attendant is high enough that they don’t have to make as many investments to keep people coming.
By jordN1414
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/n ... ck-in.html

Could a new era be on the horizon for the Charlotte region's biggest tourist attraction? Word of a potential deal between Cedar Fair Entertainment Co., the owner of Carowinds, and rival Six Flags Entertainment Co. took stock prices for a ride on Wednesday.

Trading was halted briefly for shares of Cedar Fair (NYSE: FUN) due to volatility around midday, when Reuters reported that Six Flags (NYSE: SIX) had approached it with a cash-and-stock acquisition offer. Citing unnamed sources, the news service noted Cedar Fair is said to be considering the offer, the details of which "could not be learned."

CNBC Now

@CNBCnow
Amusement park operator Cedar Fair halted for volatility after surging 10% on a Reuters report that Six Flags is in a bid to acquire it. https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=FUN

View image on Twitter
11:59 AM - Oct 2, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
62 people are talking about this
As of 2:30 p.m., Cedar Fair's stock was trading at $60.94, up 4.7% from Tuesday's close at $58.20.

Shares of Six Flags, meanwhile, were at $50.37 down 2.2% from closing at $51.51 the previous day.

However, according to investor website Seeking Alpha, some observers are not convinced such a tie-up makes sense.

TRENDING
EDUCATION
Ranking N.C. private universities by total cost of attendance

RETAILING
PHOTOS: Inside Charlotte’s new action bar, virtual reality hub
Coliseum V dials in on interactive experiences with action-packed games, virtual reality units and a self-pour bar.
COMING EVENT
2019 Best Places to Work Awards
Nov. 8

Cedar Fair has spent the past several years pouring millions of dollars into Carowinds, the Charlotte region's No. 1 tourist attraction by attendance with more than 2 million visitors annually, and its latest investments mark some of its largest to date. Those include the new Blue Ridge Junction themed area and Copperhead Strike roller coaster that opened within the park this spring, a 400-room dormitory for seasonal workers, many of whom are students, added over the summer; and a 130-room Springhill Suites by Marriott hotel that's expected to open soon.