Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By ReillyK721
I like both equally at the moment, but I don't like the direction Six Flags is headed in. I love the RMCs but when they announced the fireball carnival rides and tried to pass them as coasters I lost a lot of respect for them. Let's just say I'm glad Carowinds is owned by CF cause if we were a six flags park we would definitely not be getting a ride like Fury 325 next year. Though I would love an RMC to come to the park.
By arby
Tawny71 wrote:I like Cedar Fair. I like Six Flags. I like Universal Parks. I like Busch Gardens parks. I like Herschend Family Entertainment parks. I pretty much just like amusement parks. I think they all have good points and lots of them have bad points, but I can find something I like pretty much everywhere.

I'm right there with you. My favorite park is one that is open and operating... Not entirely true, but...

I never understood all the hatred for Six Flags or Cedar Fair for that matter but everybody has a right to their opinion. We've been to good and bad for both of them and even our favorite park chain, Universal, sometimes has a bad day. We continue to go anyway and appreciate a lot of the parks for what they are.

[offtopic]Just bought our 2-park US/IOA passes for next month, including a night at HHN with express passes. I'm excited more than usual since this will be my first HHN! :)[/offtopic]

So to make sure my post is on topic, my answer to Cedar Fair vs. Six Flags is yes. I'll go to either one and have a good time.
By aron
Arby I feel the same way.....
I should have never made this thread i don't want people to think I only like on chain because I like all of them including, Universal, Cedar Fair. Six Flags, Herschend Family Entertainment, etc.
the reason for this thread was to COMPARE not to chose one or another. But its ok at least I got to see some of the people answer right. :D
By arby
Nah, this is a discussion forum so there is nothing wrong with the thread. I personally don't pick and choose between them but I know some enjoy that.
By Tawny71
Aron, please don't feel my comment was toward you. Your response showed that you like Six Flags for some aspects and Cedar Fair for some aspects. That's a balanced opinion! My comment was more toward the people that feel loving one thing means they have to hate everything else.
By B&M 4 Ever
I don't like Herschend. I could care less about dollywood. The best ride in their control is Supes at Darien Lake.
By Picklesthedrummer
I've never really cared for Six Flags parks. While there rides can be pretty amaizng, I don't like how dirty the parks can be and the constant need to nickle and dime the guests, which I guess comes with the low admission costs. The one exception is Six Flags Fiesta Texas, love the feel of that park in an old quary.
By B&M 4 Ever
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I've never really cared for Six Flags parks. While there rides can be pretty amaizng, I don't like how dirty the parks can be and the constant need to nickle and dime the guests, which I guess comes with the low admission costs. The one exception is Six Flags Fiesta Texas, love the feel of that park in an old quary.

Cedar fair does not nickel and dime? Have to buy a locker on popular attractions even for a drink cup? Cedar fair has not been giving the gate away this season making it a zoo?
By shane235
Man, this is becoming a serious debate! Well I have only been to 1 Cedar Fair park and 1 Six Flags park so... I like Carowinds more than SFOG. 8)
By B&M 4 Ever
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/and ... land-rides

People say six flags gives bad service. Bad service can come from any company. Here is a story about kings island. An amputee child rode rides last year and was turned away this year. Instead of the pr guy saying they made a mistake last year he said its always been the policy and the woman was not telling the truth, when there is a photo of the boy on a coaster.
Last edited by B&M 4 Ever on September 8th, 2014, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.