Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By anonymity93
Cedar Fair is NOT Disney, no one takes their kids just to see Peanuts, Hanna-Barbera, Nicktoons, etc. Families go to amusement parks to have fun and get away from the world. Cedar Fair could drop all cartoons and attendance would not be affected. Nicktoons, Peanuts, Disney, etc they are marketing schemes to get kids attention. Parents aren't going to take their kids just because their kids want to go. Enterainment is enterainment no matter what face is on it.

Lets be serious...If they did away with Nick they might as well close down the park. Now, having said that and the fact that Carowinds is a FAMILY amusement park... I dont think the attendance will be as high as it is...<chuckle>...if they were to do away with Nick. You said yourself they are marketing schemes to get kids attention. Lets put two and two together, if a child wants to go to the park, they care nothing of the price. A parent/guardian is more than willing to sacrafice that rediculous amount for the kids (I've seen it every day for the past 5 years). I hate to break it to you but Carowinds has lost its entertainment purpose a very long time ago. If you want entertainment like they use to have, look for the live bands. Look for the dancers and performers. I'm not talking about that sad department they call "Entertainment" today. That is nothing more than a 16 yr old with a microphone and a well memorized script. Carowinds use to be much, much, more and the fact that people believe its anything bigger than a family park to entertain children, (Prime Source of Income being families), is rediculous.

peace
By Edwardo
no one takes their kids just to see Nicktoons...

Right. Because NO ONE would EVER build a <a href='http://rcdb.com/pd19.htm' target='_blank'>Nick themed park</a> to draw in guests. Well, technically they didn't build a Nick themed park. They built a Snoopy themed park, but when Snoopy left, they picked up the much more popular Nick theme and added 2 new coasters. But, you know, I didn't want to completely blow your theory out of the water.

If it wasn't a draw, then we wouldn't be seeing an entire park themed to NickToons, they'd have left it 'The Park @ MOA' instead, because if NickToons didn't draw people in, then a generic park is still 'just entertainment' and they would actually save money by not having to pay licensing fees.
By coasterdave
Whatever happend to just going to a park and having fun?
By montumax
I can't believe all the gloom and doom that's predicted that the park will lose all the business if they lose Nick. The park survived all those years without it. I think the park would do just fine if they evicted the Sponge, Dora, and all those other cretins that took over that side of the park a few years ago. It did okay without them for all those years and would do so if they lost them.
By RollerBee
By the way, if Snoopy isn't popular anymore, why is Burger King putting Snoopy toys in kids meals? BK seems to have SpongeBob toys whenever a SBSP special comes on. <_<
By CoasterChris
Edwardo wrote:
no one takes their kids just to see Nicktoons...

Right. Because NO ONE would EVER build a <a href='http://rcdb.com/pd19.htm' target='_blank'>Nick themed park</a> to draw in guests. Well, technically they didn't build a Nick themed park. They built a Snoopy themed park, but when Snoopy left, they picked up the much more popular Nick theme and added 2 new coasters. But, you know, I didn't want to completely blow your theory out of the water.

If it wasn't a draw, then we wouldn't be seeing an entire park themed to NickToons, they'd have left it 'The Park @ MOA' instead, because if NickToons didn't draw people in, then a generic park is still 'just entertainment' and they would actually save money by not having to pay licensing fees.

Not to mention Nick themed Hotels.
By Edwardo
WHo in this thread said Snoopy wasn't popular? I know I sure didn't, I said Nick was far more popular. If you can't see that fact, you don't know any children under the age of like 14.
By Davidtmp
Rollernut, not exactly sure, but I believe you can still see about all the cartoons that are in the Nick Toon area. Either NickToonNetwork, Nickelodeon, or Nick Jr shows them. Can't get to the website to see the list of what is in the area, maybe next week.
Does it really matter what the kids area is themed?? This is a KIDS area, and if the Nick brand keeps them in the area where they have the rides that are designed for them, so be it. There needs to be more shows for the kids though to keep there attention, as that may only be about 10 minutes. Not sure how many they had last year, I think there was a Dora show and maybe a couple others. The Peanuts brand is an older brand, kids now days don't get to see Peanuts on TV except at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Halloween. But from experience, the cartoon does transend that generational gap as my son does like to watch it. The same can't be said about the older Hannah Barbera shows.

I think it is crap they will take out the parade. It is for the kids, and I know my kids liked it as they could see the characters they see on TV.
Nick will be popular with kids as long as they keep producing shows that are entertaining and educational. I don't see it becoming less popular in the next 5 years.
By Thriller
I just miss the days of Hannah Barbara Land and Anamation Station/Zoom Zone!
By RollerBee
I dont know anyone that gets Nicktoon Network, but most of the shows in Nick Central have are not in production anymore(Spongebob, Dora, OddParents, Backyardians are still in production). A few more of the shows are regularly aired on Nick(cant think of any).
By Edwardo
You don't know anyone who gets nick? Uh...

Anywho, that doesn't matter. Dude, it's not rocket science to figure out that Nick TOons are Popular. Do you have kids ages 3-12? Then you probably don't watch the network. And just because something isn't 'in production' (and actually a lot of their rides are for in production shows) doesn't mean it isnt' popular. When was the last time you saw a new show or movie based on Mickey or Minnie Mouse? Buggs Bunny? Thought so.

Besides, I have like 6 Nick channels and they play nothing but Fairly Odd, Spongebob, Danny Phantom, and all the others. It's popular. Stop trying to prove it isn't.