Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Edwardo
I'm so ticked off after seeing this list. I mean, CFEC is now in a few billion in debt. You can't tell me it wouldn't be cheaper to re-locate all of these rides within the chain! I mean, some of these flats would fit perfectly in a flat starved park like Carowinds, or anywhere else!

And why they're not moving Beaverland Mine Ride is beyond me.

Stupid Dick Kinzel.

<a href='http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/Geauga_Lake/Relocations.html' target='_blank'>http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/Geauga_L...elocations.html</a>
By CoasterChris
Cedar Fair has always sucked. I never expected them to do a better job than Paramount.

Maybe CF will just sell Carowinds to someone who is not going to run it into the ground.

I feel sorry for all the people who work for that company and now you know why i got out in 2006 and went to Disney.

Sorry, i have been wanting to say that for over a year now.

Carowinds could use alot of that stuff for sale but i'd rather not since most of it's junk anyway.

Carowinds needs some NEW attractions and untill i see some NEW inovative attractions my feelings about the company will stay the same.

Every former Paramount park has got nothing but hand me downs. I'm still shocked they threw a new coaster at CW. Just glad CW got something intresting instead of a POS TTD type ride.
By RollerBee
Great America is getting a new wooden coaster in 2009. Carowinds has yet to get a handme down from Geauga Lake. Cedar Fair has done good at Carowinds.
1)Drop regular admission prices.
2)Put Frenzoid back in.
3)Saved Cyclone from scrap.
4)Put it better signs for some of the food places.
5)Redone the Carowinds sign.
6)Rebuilt Thunder Road's turnarounds.
7)Improved the season pass system.
8)Got rid of the Paramount logos.
9)Is putting in a new wavepool.
10)Renamed BORG Assimilator.
11)Brought new shows to the park.
By CoasterChris
Is putting in a new wavepool.
(Now that was a great idea) :rolleyes:

Brought new shows to the park.
(I think you mean show & The ice show was a joke)

Bad things they have done:

Removed FSS.
Came up with a joke of a name for TG.
Put in a 2nd wave pool.
Discontinued the Nickelodeon Parade & Winterfest.

Cedar Fair's first 2 years: Wave Pool & Ice Show...... WOW
By RRRAPIDS
They need to give us the Starfish, Black Squid, and the Yo Yo. Or maybe those mini T-cups for the kiddies. But These are the only rides I can see for Carowinds. One of these rides can go in the Mini Golf spot. It hardly ever open and nobody hardly plays it when it is open.

I think we deserve something. And why is the Yo Yo not on the list?
By coasterbruh
In cedar UNfair's defense, I would rather them sell off old rides that could be deemed as problematic in the future and use the proceeds to fund brand new attractions. What would you rather do...take an old used car from someone or trade that car in, get some cash and use the cash to get an up-to-date car?
By KenB
I was down on CF last year, not too happy with the 2008 addition, and I'm really hating "Flight Deck".

However, we can't judge things until a few years down the road. If by 2012 we have a shiny B&M hypercoaster or a good GCI, Intamin etc., a really nice waterpark, and several new flats around the park, then not getting a bunch of used crap from GL won't bother me one bit.

If we get jack squat for another several years, then yeah, I'd probably have liked to get some of those rides just to have something different. I'll be surprised if that's the case, though.
By Edwardo
This isn't a Carowinds is doomed post by me, let me make that clear, and I do think CF has done well. But I can't lie and say this sits well with me.

I know some of those rides aren't going to practically go anywhere because parks already have something similar, but we could use the Starfish and the Time Warp or ANY of the 3 wooden coasters. And I just can't believe they're selling Beaverland Mine Ride.

Some of those rides were in great shape and rather new. Like the Top Spin. If Carowinds didn't NEED flats in relation to all of the other Paramount Parks, I wouldn't have a problem with this, but even Great America, who is getting the used top spin, has some better and newer flats than us.

The 2 things I think Carowinds lacks is a custom wooden coaster and flat rides. Cedar Fair is selling off both.
By coasterdave
Allow me to once again step in this wonderful topic and see if I can bring sunshine and rain. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to take down one of those woodies piece by piece then putting them on a truck to cart down to Carowinds? Then there is the cost of taking the pieces and putting them back together. I would think it would be abit wiser to maybe just build one from scratch since the cost would be pretty close. I am not in no way form saying those woodies are bad or that they suck. Heck it would be great to see them find a new home, but lets face it. They are either going to stay standing or going to meet Mr. Wrecking Ball.

Maybe I just see this situation in a diffrent light or something. It would be great to get that Top Spin since I am a huge fan of them as some of you know. I think I would rather them get the park back up to standards and get some of the rides that they do have fixed and back to operating order. It is just great to walk into a park after a long absence and see things looking better than they did last time. Come to think of it, Carowinds will be like a new park since I was last there when it was still under the old ownership.

Good old Carowinds 73 back being active I see.
By RRRAPIDS
Well I at least want the Starfish. That ride is fairly young. ( 2003 was the year it opened I believe) Those rides are fun,
By deaconnor
I agree with coasterbruh. If they sell some of those older rides then they can get money to buy new rides. I do think they should give other parks some of the rides though. Just sell some of the rides that most parks have and or the other ones don't need like the river rapids and the pirate ship.
By Thriller
I think that we would be okay without any of those rides as maybe CF will see our need of flats and a nice new coaster later on and deliver some brand-new maybe ground breaking stuff? But, you never know what the future holds!