Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Footballteen58
:rolleyes: Maybe 2009 for carowinds. Im starting to wonder what were getting next year now at Carowinds. I might drive up to KD next summer to check out Dominator
By bgwfreak
^ If it really is coming there, it's worth the drive. I thought it was a great coaster.
By bgwfreak
What? You have a problem with Dominator Gerstlauer fanboy?
By chargercrazy
I liked the Dominator. I'm just glad I got to ride it at GL because if they are removing everything that's rumored to be removed, there won't be any reason to visit GL anymore :(
By KenB
LOL - did Cedar Fair look in the thesaurus to try to find something similar to, but not exactly like, Goliath?

Behemoth does look good, although I hope the fanboys at all the various parks (including this one) take note of the cost - $26 million. This is not chump change, and one reason CW is getting it is they draw the most of any seasonal park in N. America. Draw over 3.5 million a year and CF will put in some rides for ya. Some of the other Paramount parks may get one eventually, but don't assume one is coming here anytime soon. I'd love to see it, I'm just not expecting it.

The trims may just be like the ones on Apollo, where they only fire lightly when the train is going a bit fast. If they're like Raging Bull it could suck the life out of the ride from what I hear on that one.

The trains? Odd that they'd mess with them, but these might work well. To me they look like the Intamin hyper trains taken a step further. On those, you have the "stadium seating" with the back row of a car raised somewhat. The new B&M design looks like that, but with the back row split apart as well. It does look very Deja Vu-ish, but it should work on a sitdown train much better since you won't have that big central support blocking the view - and the path to the far seat. This will solve the complaints some have about B&M's that you don't have a good view from the center seats and that you feel cramped a bit.
By bgwfreak
Am I also the only one that thinks the Behemoth logo looks way too much like the Goliath logo?

If you look closely, it even looks like the teaser they sent out for SFOG's Goliath!
By coasterbruh
oh...we are still talking about this coaster?? That was soo yesterday's news lol lol. Im waiting for the next biggest and baddest thing to be announced, so that too can be forgotten.
By bgwfreak
^ I'm trying to forget you, but you keep coming back. :lol: ;)
By coasterbruh
im unforgetable...just like what cedar UNfair did when they brought the park!! :angry:
By MarkD
It's funny to hear the posts at <a href='http://www.cwmania.com/' target='_blank'>CWmania</a> .They are already fussing about the ride and I got a tad ticked when they said they never got anything and were always overlooked. Hmm...sound familiar? Maybe they should look at thier flats compared to ours?

Anyways, as me and my boyz go somewhere new every year, we have been planning our trip next year. After Germany last year and Hawaii this year we planned on Toronto for next year. As I am the only one that's been to Canada I suggested we wait a bit later to go, so instead of an April trip I talked them into late May and possibly the first of June. And, when they asked why I let them see why. So, hopefuly things will work out and I'll be on Behemoth right after it opens. My luck tho something will be built wrong and it won't be open. <_<

We all should know we ain't getting anything like this for a while. I think it is now an industry joke to give Carowinds a Hyper that might go under the bridge.