Share thoughts, photos, and reviews from visits to Carowinds or any other amusement park
By gabed
Day 4 Part 3

With my hunger growing, I stopped by a little restaurant and grabbed myself some delicious cheese fries and got a chocolate cupcake at The Loaf.

After shoving our mouths with as much sugary goodness as we could, we made our way to the last new coaster of the day.

Yes I'm a credit whore, shut up.

With all the coasters ridden and not much time before the park closed, Sean and I decided to try out as many of the park's flats as we could with many of them being fairly uncommon.

First up was this..

I have no idea what it is called or what type of ride this is. All I do know is that its Zamperla made and a LOT of fun. You'd think such a ride would leave you feeling disoriented and nauseous, but thankfully neither occurred to me after riding. Just a fun little ride. Next up...

This here is Downdraft, a very fun and very fast flat. That is all.

One thing I learned about myself on this trip that I had never noticed before was my hidden love of Ferris Wheels. Within a week I had already ridden three and found all of them very relaxing and enjoyable. Knoebels' wheel was no exception.
Last edited by gabed on June 9th, 2016, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gabed
Day 4 Part 4

With time winding down even further, we finished off the day by marathoning the back row of Phoenix. Once our needs for ridiculous amounts of airtime were satisfied, we took one last spin on the Ferris Wheel before calling it a day.

Overall, I was very impressed with Knoebels. It certainly lived up to the hype and provided a great day. There's something about it that's just special. You can't really describe it, you just have to go for yourself.

Sean will be taking over for our second day at Hershey Park tomorrow. Until then, thank you for reading!

Oh yeah, one last thing before I go. As some of you know, there is a bridge in which you are allowed to write whatever you please. I made sure to give us all a shoutout...

By Jarsh
Indeed.

At first I thought there was too much to read but the more I read, the more I wanted. Felt like I was reading a book, lol. Great trip reports yall!
By Sean978
Day 5 Part 1
Hey all, I'm back for our second day at Hersheypark. The pictures will be a lot worse this time around, but I hope you'll stick around anyway.
Gabe doesn't like posing.

As soon as we got to the park we went to our favorite from Monday, Storm Runner. This ride is surprisingly well paced and smooth for an Intamin and my personal favorite in the park.

Now, as enthusiasts we KNOW there's a "Rollback" button that causes the ride to rollback, but even after begging the ride ops they denied it's existence.

This ride runs FAST, both physically and in it's capacity. With no-one in the station we annoyed the ride ops with two more rides before they told us to annoy their friends at Fahrenheit…

So we did! While this ride definitely isn't in my top 10, it is an amazing ride that delivers a punch.

With a Norwegian Loop, Cobra Roll, corkscrews, and some airtime, this is definitely a must ride for anyone visiting.

Next up was Laff Trakk. I really do like this ride, and what's not to like? It's essentially a spinning wild Mouse in the dark.

To be continued...
By Sean978
Day 5 Part 2

Plus, like Gabe mentioned, the queue for this ride is amazing.

(Sorry for that photo especially, it was the only one I had)
After a delicious break at subway, we moved to the park's condor…

And I officially hate Worlds of Fun. This was like an intense, dueling scrambler that rose above the ground.

After a trip on the park's Skytower, Gabe and I moved to Skyrush.

Skyrush could easily be competition for Fury if they just stuck with the I-305 restraints and didn’t use the wing seats. Both of those things combined make a top 3 coaster into a top 20 coaster.

I really did like the ride, but it's hard to enjoy with the circulation being cut off from your legs and your seat rattling you to death.

To add to it, Skyrush is an Intamin, so we waited nearly an hour

We decided to cool off in the water park, but the one slide we rode was freezing. After drying off we departed, planning on returning after dinner.

To be continued...
Last edited by Sean978 on June 10th, 2016, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sean978
At about 6:30 we made our return to the park. We ended up re-riding Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and the Skyviews. I don't really have anything else to say, so here's a few pictures from the trip that I didn't include. Tomorrow it's back to Gabe to narrate our next adventure (Pun intended), Six Flags Great Adventure. Thanks for reading!
Attachments
By gabed
Day 6 Part 1

After an awesome week in Virginia and Pennsylvania, it was time to end the trip with a bang. After getting up at 5:45 and fitting the entire cabin into the trunk of the Hyundai, we were off. If you're wondering why we left so early, it was to avoid any possible traffic since we only had a day at the largest park of trip. Despite not being familiar with the area, the last thing we wanted to do was get stuck in traffic.

Luckily the traffic we had anticipated never appeared and before long we were in the Garden State.

Not realizing the park opened half an hour later than we had expected, we stopped at McDonalds to try out the local cuisine.

After waiting around for awhile, it was off to one of the parks that had been near the top of my bucket list for years...

Almost immediately we realized the park was getting very packed. Granted it was a Friday in the summer with a 0% chance of rain so what else could we have expected? Crowds aside, we kept our hopes up.

Once the park opened, we quickly made our way to what was about to become Sean's first Strata Coaster.

Whether or not you like them, these are incredibly massive and downright intimidating no matter how many coasters you've ridden. Plus, there's something fascinating about knowing you're looking at the tallest roller coaster on the planet, along with the tallest drop tower.

With the queue not being too bad, we decided to try out the front row. As we pulled out to the launch pad, I got a little nervous as I never got to ride Dragster in the front. Simply looking at all 458 feet of the coaster made me nervous. The ride? Fantastic! Don't think I've ever felt rushing wind reach into my eyelids and cause them to flap around like that. Some might see these as one-trick-ponies, and that may be true, but wow is it one heck of a trick.

Quickly afterwards, we rushed to Zumanjaro. This ride has been very interesting to me as I had always wanted to ride Lex Luther from the moment it was announced. Now I'd get to ride one that was 15 feet taller! The view from the top is just amazing, there's nothing like it in the world... literally. Simply being on the side of a Strata is unlike anything I have ever done in my life. But the drop? Meh. Not much to it really.

Ride number three was done to get it out of the way since we may or not have been dreading it.

Mantis remains the 2nd worst coaster I've ridden and I couldn't imagine Green Lantern being any better. Though the ride, despite not being good by any means, was a lot better than I expected. We (unintentionally) got placed in the front row. Its fairly smooth for a stand up and pretty enjoyable to be honest. Must be a Six Flags thing because Georgia Scorcher was actually pretty fun.

By this time lines were REALLY starting to pile up. Several rides with a 90+ minute wait. Sean and I both agreed it would be better to pay the price for a Flash Pass and guarantee that we would get everything in. And to be honest it was VERY worth it. A much better system than I had previously thought and one that allowed us to get a lot of extra rides in.

The fourth ride of the day was the park's newest coaster.

I still remember thinking this was an awful addition when it was announced back in September. However after seeing in person my beliefs began to change. The ride is actually very aesthetically pleasing and fits in very well. The theming is is great and the ride itself is a lot of fun. The flips are a lot more intense than I had first expected and even got a few man screams out of me. Truth be told, I no longer have a problem with Six Flags cloning these, they're just a lot of good fun.

Moving on, with Sean's 100th coaster approaching we credit whored our way on and off the Harley Quinn family coaster. After which was the park's mine train. Nothing special about it really, it was actually pretty rough in some parts.

Now with Sean at 99 credits, it was time...

I'm not going to lie, I was extremely excited for this. I don't think I've ever heard one negative review of this ride or even one that didn't give it heavy amounts praise. Well I'm about to step into the lion's den but here we go... I though El Toro was very good. Not amazing, not mind-bendingly insane, just very good. I guess I had set impossible expectations for this ride over the last seven years. Don't get me wrong, it's a very fun coaster that provides a lot of airtime, but I suppose I had convinced myself that the restraints would break away from all the airtime.
By gabed
Day 6 Part 2

After a couple more re-rides on Kingda Ka, we hit up Superman.

I already covered this coaster in my Six Flags Over Georgia trip report so I won't bother with going into too much detail. One thing I noticed about this coaster as well as several others is the abundance of permanent snack stands in the queues. Pretty cool touch that I wish Cedar Fair would start incorporating.

Sean and I started to make our way over to the left side of the park. A place that felt dramatically different from the other half. A place that felt like a living embodiment of the Twilight Zone. A place where everything is both faded and watching your every move.

First coaster in this bizarre place was the highly praised Nitro:

Hate to say it but this coaster is just one big pile of meh. Even on the back of the coaster there just wasn't anything special that made it stand out to me. At least the coaster's setting is awesome.

We rode Batman next and I won't bother describing it into too much detail since I'm pretty positive nearly everyone here has ridden at least one of them before. Its intense and has inversions, you know the deal.

The Dark Knight was up next...

With the unique theme and excellent theming made it my favorite Wild Mouse coaster. I love how they literally pit theming around every corner of this coaster

The last credit of the day would be Skull Mountain.

I knew nothing about this coaster before I boarded and I'm pretty sure I left even more bamboozled than before. I'm not entirely sure what they were going for but we had a good laugh out of all the confusion.
By gabed
Day 6 Part 3

The rest of the day consisted of re-rides on our favorites of the day. As we were waiting in line for Kingda Ka with only minutes before closing, the ride closed briefly as a rollback took place. If I must be honest, seeing a rollback was worth not getting to ride. What I found funny was how the entire station broke out with applause as the train slowly came back in. It was as if everyone on that train had become an instant small town celebrity.

Overall, I had a great time at this park as well and I'm glad to cross yet another park off my bucket list. The only coaster we missed was Bizarro since it was down for the day. Other than that, we did everything we could have possibly wanted to do. Six Flags Great Adventure is a fun park with a lot of amazing coasters that are sure to make the top of your lists. Here are some more pictures:

And with that, after 5 parks, 6 days, and 47 different coasters, that's a wrap.

Last edited by gabed on October 24th, 2016, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sean978
Gabe forgot this in his Knoebels Trip Report, but it's too good not to share.