General Carowinds discussion
I'm basing my thoughts after one of the articles previously posted. It said he was lowered from the top of the tower, I assume working on the cables and other machinery. If the machinery and cables started moving while he was working, I could see how it could come out with a severed hand.
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:^No rescue was needed.

Not true. Maybe you meant no 'in-air' rescue was needed.

"Emergency crews responded Wednesday to an amusement park near Charlotte for what they called a rescue operation."

One of the articles you posted also says it wasn’t needed.
Attachments
Techedchart1551 wrote:I'm basing my thoughts after one of the articles previously posted. It said he was lowered from the top of the tower, I assume working on the cables and other machinery. If the machinery and cables started moving while he was working, I could see how it could come out with a severed hand.

So you are just guessing with no first hand knowledge? It may turn out to be the case but to assume such a thing is extremely disrespectful to the worker. Not to mention, you are spreading rumors about mechanical deficiencies regarding the rides in the park. This is how negative rumors, such as "my friend knew someone who's restraint opened during the ride" start.

RollerBee wrote:
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:^No rescue was needed.

Not true. Maybe you meant no 'in-air' rescue was needed.

"Emergency crews responded Wednesday to an amusement park near Charlotte for what they called a rescue operation."

One of the articles you posted also says it wasn’t needed.

You must have missed when I typed, "Maybe you meant no 'in-air' rescue was needed."? You literally quoted it.
ATTENTION: some new light has been shed on this topic! According to my local news station who did a short bit on the incident at carowinds, the worker's hand was stuck within a pulley which severed his hand off. Can anyone else elaborate?