General Carowinds discussion
By ThatCoasterNerd
Any guesses on what could come to Carowinds in 2020? I’m thinking a new water slide complex in the plot of land between Blackbeard’s Revenge and Surf Club Harbor.
By Panthersfan43
I would think a smaller Carolina harbor expansion
By ThatCoasterNerd
sorashaun wrote:Vortex or Hurler conversion.

Idk I don’t really see them doing two coasters in a row. Are you talking about a GCI conversion or an RMC conversion of Hurler? Because I could totally see Hurler getting the Ghostrider treatment next year.
By Carowinds Sully
The next year I am looking forward to is 2023. With it being Carowind's 50th anniversary I would guess that we will get another coaster. That would also make sense of why we got a coaster in 2019 instead of getting one on a "multiple of 5 year" like we saw with intimidator and fury. That will make it pretty spaced out for 2023
By ThatCoasterNerd
dirkdiggler1992 wrote:Go the Shockwave route and take out Vortex for a Giant Discovery, not a Huss.

I’ve thought about that and totally see that as a viable option. Only thing is that Vortex is the last stand-up in the Cedar Fair chain, and will also be the first still-operating B&M after Apocalypse’s conversion to Firebird. Not sure they’d take it out because of that. I could also see a giant discovery going in the Boardwalk area. Maybe take out the Pier shop and the frozen banana stand and they could maybe fit one there
By ThatCoasterNerd
RollerBee wrote:Hopefully 2020 will be a year with less leaks.

:lol: You can say that again! I feel like Copperhead’s announcement was almost completely ruined with all the leaks. Only things we didn’t know were track color and theming elements!
By fishels
Carowinds Sully wrote:The next year I am looking forward to is 2023. With it being Carowind's 50th anniversary I would guess that we will get another coaster. That would also make sense of why we got a coaster in 2019 instead of getting one on a "multiple of 5 year" like we saw with intimidator and fury. That will make it pretty spaced out for 2023

Do you guys think this park will receive another BIG coaster? And by big i don't mean exceeding 300 ft. I mean big in the sense of a big RMC, or a dive coaster etc.

Not knocking Copperhead strike at all, but it doesn't strike me as HUGE announcement like a Steel vengeance or Fury for example.

And if we do, does something have to go?

Probably a really dumb question, but could Carowinds ever get more land if they needed to and could afford it? As a more casual enthusiast i always wondered that.

edit: I guess i meant in the next span of 5-6 years or a realistic timetable. Also i do realize that everything is a victim of time. Weird to think that one day when we are long dead fury will be replaced with something better and less old. Lol
By ThatCoasterNerd
Carowinds owns tons of land not currently being taken up by rides. Specifically on the other side of Hurler, Drop Tower, and Cyclone. I could totally see the park get rid of Slaughterhouse or move it, and create an entrance to a new area to the park in that area, that stretches around behind drop tower and hurler. Not sure what could go there but for sure a pretty good sized coaster could fit back there.
By mdsmith98
There is tons of land not being used currently. And yes, I see another big coaster coming to Carowinds. Bigger than Fury? Probably not. Over 200 feet? Yes. When? Who knows.

I am completely 100% satisfied with copperhead strike. It’s gonna be phenomenal in my opinion. A roller coaster doesn’t need to be huge to be thrilling, Maverick and Twisted Timbers for example prove that time and time again. After getting what is voted the worlds best steel coaster (for now) with Fury 325, I didnt expect copperhead strike to be huge. I am completely happy they didn’t go insane with it. It’s a thrill ride for sure, but it’s nothing out of this world crazy.