General Carowinds discussion
I think they had to do that track area before the loop is capped, to manuever the crane, no clue. I am guessing they will put the track through the middle of the loop as well today, but not sure. I would have though they would do the one through the middle and then continue down and around and do the loop. Guess we will see if it gets done today or not :)
tarheel1231 wrote:I’m starting to wonder if I should redesign my Copperhead Strike in Planet Coaster. I know it’s not the most accurate recreation, but it’s sitting at 8 likes to 4 dislikes on YouTube. Is it really that bad?

It was good. I just liked it so you're at 9 now. :lol: Maybe it's because they were expecting the whole park, rides, scenery, etc in the background. idk. If that's it, maybe there's something you can put in the title so they don't expect it? :?:
tarheel1231 wrote:I’m starting to wonder if I should redesign my Copperhead Strike in Planet Coaster. I know it’s not the most accurate recreation, but it’s sitting at 8 likes to 4 dislikes on YouTube. Is it really that bad?

I liked yours. This is my version.

-Obviously I am making the Carowinds Rec from 2018 on PC I wish I could fit it in my park but it wont work.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1501996343
Both re-creations are awesome! Mine never works right, but will eventually sit and make it right. Hiveminded, have you updated or made a new verstion in NL2 since the announcement? I would love to see some NL2 re-creations!
carolinaman wrote:One of the Highlights from today is they said that Copperhead Strike will be running for Winterfest 2019. Steve Jackson said they asked for a coaster that could run in cooler weather

Praise the lord!

RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:A few other notes:

Blue Ridge Junction does NOT include dodgems etc. it will remain Crossroads

I'm shocked . . . :sarcasm: 8)

Don't pay attention to stuff like that man. I never looked at the likes and dislikes on my videos because I never made them for "popularity".

Nice to see things are progressing well. I was able to ride Manta at SW San Diego this week and I really enjoyed it! Loved the pre-launch experience and i'm now hoping Copperhead does something similar! And man, those trains! The most comfortable I have ever been on as far as steel coasters go . . .
I hope our trains are comfortable too, assuming they will be a similar design to Manta's. They are moving right along, cant wait to see the completed loop.
Since I'm still not satisfied with the accuracy of my Copperhead Strike recreation, I'm doing it one final time with the actual blueprints:

I should be able to reuse most of the scenery from my current model, so I should be done within the next few weeks or towards the end of November.

Here's the grid:

Nice tarheel! How in the world did you get the blueprints in the game. I wanted to do the same but didn't know how to do it haha. Good luck to you on it! You should get No Limits...
Hello everyone, I’m Cody, y’all probably don’t remember me much, but I used to post pretty frequently on this site, during the construction of Fury and met some of you at carowinds the last day that thunder road was open. Haven’t posted since because I moved to Florida and started college, still love the park, and Copperhead Strike has brought me back to the site. :wave:
CodyH333 wrote:Hello everyone, I’m Cody, y’all probably don’t remember me much, but I used to post pretty frequently on this site, during the construction of Fury and met some of you at carowinds the last day that thunder road was open. Haven’t posted since because I moved to Florida and started college, still love the park, and Copperhead Strike has brought me back to the site. :wave:

Welcome back. We left the light on for you.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Nice tarheel! How in the world did you get the blueprints in the game. I wanted to do the same but didn't know how to do it haha. Good luck to you on it! You should get No Limits...

I made a 8x9 grid of 32m videoboards, and I used the kerb scenery to separate them evenly. Then I did an overlay of the blueprints on Photopea, and I did Layer Via Copy for each grid with the coaster in it. Each grid is a separate image that I had to re-piece together to make the layout.

I will say that I don't know if Planet Coaster's measurements are entirely accurate. The first loop IRL is between 70-75 feet, but in PLC, it would valley if the loop was larger than 20 m. The length is also drawn out way more than the current version I have on the workshop, so idk if I should finish it.