General Carowinds discussion
#107263
Finally got to ride CS this weekend, and what a breath of fresh air it is for the park!

The first launch actually surprised me, it felt much faster than I was anticipating based on others' reactions. I actually got a mini Maverick vibe from the entire experience, unlike what a few others have said, the second half after the top hat really is enjoyable.

Great addition to the park, now we need that RMC or GCI!
#107267
I thought it was a bit tame the first time I rode it, which was a mild evening in March. But as the temperature has risen, it's really started to haul. Not quite Maverick levels of intensity but I think it's above Intimidator which is an accomplishment for its size.
#107278
We, (ACE members)were at the park today and will be back tomorrow morning for 2 hours before the park opens riding g CS. They have a film crew there filimng for the MACK website. We were told today the video and pictures should be up on the website in about a month and they will be shown at IAAPA this year too.
#107285
carolinaman wrote:We, (ACE members)were at the park today and will be back tomorrow morning for 2 hours before the park opens riding g CS. They have a film crew there filimng for the MACK website. We were told today the video and pictures should be up on the website in about a month and they will be shown at IAAPA this year too.


I was working with Justin and Marcus doing the drone footage. They allowed me to fly in an off-limits area behind CS. In fact, the drone footage was between 10-4pm with the GP, after the ACE riders. Amazingly, and a big kudos for Cedar Fair, is that they do have a process for drone usage at the park during operating hours and they certainly went above and beyond to accommodate us for 3 days. Many parks, large and small, have a zero tolerance for those evil drones! ;) As for Lisa... what can I say? She's the best PR I have dealt with since the Paramount days. I hope she hangs around.
#107289
Quickly glancing through this thread and I'm surprised no one on here has commented on the annoyance of getting through the queue on an empty day. How are we in June and they have not cut a proper path through the handrails, forcing people to duck under them five different times? It's a real literal pain in the back when the line is short but not short enough to stay on. Fury had this issue too with exactly one handrail and it was fixed within the first month.
#107291
You only have to cut under twice.

Cut under after the first long path under the first roof. You'll be outside the queue lines. Then you walk along the cement between the grass and queue until you need to get back in. I've done this path on empty days all the way to the chain before the stairs into the station. Saves multiple cuts and about 30-40 seconds of walking.
#107301
Hiveminded wrote:Quickly glancing through this thread and I'm surprised no one on here has commented on the annoyance of getting through the queue on an empty day. How are we in June and they have not cut a proper path through the handrails, forcing people to duck under them five different times? It's a real literal pain in the back when the line is short but not short enough to stay on. Fury had this issue too with exactly one handrail and it was fixed within the first month.


It took about 10 years before they shortened the Hurler queue.
#107303
Hiveminded wrote:Quickly glancing through this thread and I'm surprised no one on here has commented on the annoyance of getting through the queue on an empty day. How are we in June and they have not cut a proper path through the handrails, forcing people to duck under them five different times?

You're not supposed to be ducking under them anyway. Whats an extra minute or so to walk the full line?
#107306
What SHOULD have happened is they should have put in swinging gates that would accommodate short lines. Swing them closed when the line gets longer. They obviously know that, over time, the lines will shorten up as newer rides get built and the newness wears off.

Hopefully it wont be long before they'll remove those annoying temporary gates under the first loop and begin the line where it's supposed to begin next to the stand-alone coaster seat and the "2-hour wait from here" sign.
#107308
uscbandfan wrote:Hopefully it wont be long before they'll remove those annoying temporary gates under the first loop and begin the line where it's supposed to begin next to the stand-alone coaster seat and the "2-hour wait from here" sign.

Those temporary gates between the ride’s sign and the test seat have been removed for a while now. They only put them up when they are anticipating large crowds.
  • 1
  • 101
  • 102
  • 103
  • 104
  • 105

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest