General Carowinds discussion
Great read. Interesting that a second, smaller barn was actually considered. Wonder where they would have been able to fit that? Also anybody know if they did the theming for County Fair?
gabed wrote:Great read. Interesting that a second, smaller barn was actually considered. Wonder where they would have been able to fit that? Also anybody know if they did the theming for County Fair?

Is there any theming in County Fair besides the string of lights and entry sign?
Capler wrote:
gabed wrote:Great read. Interesting that a second, smaller barn was actually considered. Wonder where they would have been able to fit that? Also anybody know if they did the theming for County Fair?

Is there any theming in County Fair besides the string of lights and entry sign?

I had to think about that one. The truck (not bus, as I originally said) with the small ride in it, the truck with pumpkins in it, and isn't there some fake pigs or did I make that up? I consider it minimum but appropriate theming because I can't imagine what else to add to make that theme more immersive given I never attended a 50's county fair.

A picture of the prop truck with the "Whip It" ride is about 1/3 down this page: https://www.carowinds.com/blog/2017/an- ... ounty-fair
Last edited by jeffdavis on April 4th, 2019, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeffdavis wrote:
Capler wrote:

I had to think about that one. The truck (not bus, as I originally said) with the small ride in it, the truck with pumpkins in it, and isn't there some fake pigs or did I make that up? I consider it minimum but appropriate theming because I can't imagine what else to add to make that theme more immersive given I never attended a 50's county fair.

A picture of the prop truck with the "Whip It" ride is about 1/3 down this page: https://www.carowinds.com/blog/2017/an- ... ounty-fair

The park should add some of those hokey carnival side shows to the County Fair to flush out the experience. We need the lady who changes into an ape before your eyes. Come on folks, you remember that one.
A guy brings a beautiful woman out on stage and claims that for $1.00 you can come inside the tent and watch her become a ferocious ape. When you go in she is sitting on a stool greeting guests. They then dim the lights and she goes behind a backlit sheet where you only see her silhouette. The host goes back there and chains her up. Using a projector they give the illusion she is growing larger and becoming hairy, all while the host is narrating the changes. Once the transformation is complete, you hear a whole lot of angry ape noises. At that point the host announces, 'she angry about working for Carowinds with little help, and has broken her chain and is out of control." At that point a man runs out in an ape suit and chases everyone out of the tent. But they do keep your $1. If Carowinds had this, they would likely charge you $10 to get in, and lock the door and charge another $10 to get out. Yeah, I really think County Fair need one of those, and while they are at it, they can recruit the half snake, half women to come work for Cedar Fair as well.
coasterbruh wrote:The county fair area at carowinds is definitely NOT that kinda fair. . .

Oh, but how much fun it would be if it was. A good fair is down right tacky, kind of like that woman or guy your parents warned you about that you ran straight to.
Sounds like the carnival that I attend at my town every year. Very, VERY sketchy but fun. As much as I would "love" a zamperla spinning wild mouse and a swing ride that makes you collide with other carriages on your descent at the area (that actually happened to me) I don't think we need major upgrades other than a few small details.
yawetag wrote:
cadi40 wrote:To those that have been to Blue Ridge Junction, Is there themed music playing?

Yes. Country cover songs of rock and pop songs.

Hi everyone, y'all really have a great site here! This is my first post. I was sitting in a rocking chair and listening to the music played throughout Blue Ridge Junction last weekend. I was surprised at how much I was getting into the bluegrass covers of old rock songs. I made a Spotify Playlist that has the songs I heard plus some others. It's called "Blue Ridge Junction Music" if anyone is interested in the music.
Coasterphreak wrote:Reading that interview makes me think that Weber Group has done a *lot* of stuff for Dollywood, and that's not a bad thing.

I don't think they've worked with Dollywood, but they did work on Invadr at Busch Gardens, and Time Traveler at Silver Dollar city.
I think the most impressive thing they have on their resume is Tomb Raider from when Kings Island was still Paramount. I’d love to see Carowinds invest in something similar now that Cedar Fair is moving in the direction of immersion.
Snowman wrote:Hi everyone, y'all really have a great site here! This is my first post. I was sitting in a rocking chair and listening to the music played throughout Blue Ridge Junction last weekend. I was surprised at how much I was getting into the bluegrass covers of old rock songs. I made a Spotify Playlist that has the songs I heard plus some others. It's called "Blue Ridge Junction Music" if anyone is interested in the music.

Thanks, and welcome!

tarheel1231 wrote:I think the most impressive thing they have on their resume is Tomb Raider from when Kings Island was still Paramount.

First thing I noticed!