General Carowinds discussion
^Honestly, I don’t think they’d build another Boardwalk-themed section when they have a perfectly well-themed one already (though they did just build another County Fair lol).

It’s odd that no one has noted that this is the spiritual successor to Thunder Road and White Lightnin’. A moonshine running car-themed coaster, with two launches and loads of airtime, is the perfect tribute to them. I’ll always miss Thunder Road, but this feels like a proper replacement even though it’s not wooden.
The way it's worded, the land area noted, and the fact that the Copperhead Strike entrance queue will be behind Dodgems tells me that "Blue Ridge Junction" will encompass the area now known as "Crossroads" and that "Crossroads" will be history.
I am hoping the public likes the ride.My brother said “boring”.when I told my dad the ride went 50 mph he said “that is it”.reactions were positive at school though
tarheel1231 wrote:It’s odd that no one has noted that this is the spiritual successor to Thunder Road and White Lightnin’. A moonshine running car-themed coaster, with two launches and loads of airtime, is the perfect tribute to them. I’ll always miss Thunder Road, but this feels like a proper replacement even though it’s not wooden.

Because it's really not. My thing is, moonshine is moonshine. It's too broad a scope to automatically link it to thunder road. It's not like how the park was vocal with the reusing of Blackbeard's Revenge. There really isn't a direct correlation between the three. This so happens to be a launched coaster, like white lightning and so happen to carry a similar theme that thunder road once had.

uscbandfan wrote:The way it's worded, the land area noted, and the fact that the Copperhead Strike entrance queue will be behind Dodgems tells me that "Blue Ridge Junction" will encompass the area now known as "Crossroads" and that "Crossroads" will be history.

Nah, that's not the impression I was given. They will be separate until (not said by any park officials) they decide what remake they feel works with that area that will probably include top gun. I'm thinking blue Ridge junction will run from County fair to where windseeker is
redrunner97 wrote:After sleeping on the Copperhead Strike announcement, I love it even more. It's almost exactly what I wanted. And it's exactly what Carowinds needed: a modern, thrilling ride for thrillseekers and families alike, two launches, compact design, engaging, dynamic theme.

Sure, it's not quite as fast as I think many of us anticipated. But it'll no doubt feel faster in action, especially on such a low, spaghetti-bowlish (if that's a word?) layout. The hangtime looks like it's going to upstage the speed anyway, and maybe that was the whole point all along? That's almost more exciting.

The extensive theme is beyond superb. I think the park struck a perfect balance with the moonshine theme. Kids will see jam, adults will see moonshine. Very smart! Hopefully they can deliver on everything we see in the animation concepts AND MORE! I particularly love the corn field alongside the queue. Could it double as a location for the return of Dark Harvest at Scarowinds in 2019? :twisted: Also, why not throw a pumpkin patch back that way too? Save money on pumpkins for Halloween and add to the Blue Ridge Junction theme too?

tarheel1231 wrote:]I'm hoping the section of Crossroads that isn't themed to Blue Ridge Junction eventually turns into Lowcountry, but I don't know exactly what the area covers.

You finally got me on board with Palmetto Pier... now you want Lowcountry, huh? :roll: lol

I made peace with it overnight as well. i expanded my perspective and decided not to focus on launch speed. If they put some type of a pre-show in the shed, or do a simulated explosion (stills are known to blow up) or something alone those lines, it will take the emphasis off the speed of the launch anyway. That sort of thing would really add to the other great features of the ride.

It is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that Cedar Fair is giving us such a heavily themed coaster. Wow!
Last edited by Capler on August 31st, 2018, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you think the park is trying to down play the moonshine aspect of this ride considering all the christian events they host? They have never mentioned moonshine all. I get the feeling they are playing off of that, in a southern Baptist sort of a way. You know the ol' holier than thou, nod, nod, wink, wink, see you after Sunday service for a little sip out in the shed. When you frame it that way, folk tend not to get too offended. People just don't want you to put it in their face by saying 'granny is selling likker out behind the barn.'

Remember that infamous episode of Andy Griffith Show, where the two church sisters were making and selling moonshine? Everybody knew what the were doing, but somehow their actions were not as bad as that of a typical moonshiner.
Capler wrote:Do you think the park is trying to down play the moonshine aspect of this ride considering all the christian events they host? They have never mentioned moonshine all. I get the feeling they are playing off of that, in a southern Baptist sort of a way. You know the ol' holier than thou, nod, nod, wink, wink, see you after Sunday service for a little sip out in the shed. When you frame it that way, folk tend not to get too offended. People just don't want you to put it in their face by saying 'granny is selling likker out behind the barn.'

Remember that infamous episode of Andy Griffith Show, where the two church sisters were making and selling moonshine? Everybody knew what the were doing, but somehow their actions were not as bad as that of a typical moonshiner.
I agree instead of saying moonshine they are saying “something worse” than jam
Capler wrote:Do you think the park is trying to down play the moonshine aspect of this ride considering all the christian events they host? They have never mentioned moonshine all. I get the feeling they are playing off of that, in a southern Baptist sort of a way. You know the ol' holier than thou, nod, nod, wink, wink, see you after Sunday service for a little sip out in the shed. When you frame it that way, folk tend not to get too offended. People just don't want you to put it in their face by saying 'granny is selling likker out behind the barn.'

In all honesty, the whole backstory of the ride is poorly written in my opinion.

It involves Granny Byrd’s the legend of her jam Recipe but the farm is broken down and abandoned. Furthermore I dare argue that someone cocking a gun is darker than moonshine, one could imply Granny Byrd is the one that cocks the gun but the idea of a park mascot doing that is absurd in my opinion.

I wonder if the backstory of Copperhead Strike is years after the 1958 County Fair and an unnamed character is threatening riders on Copperhead Strike.

Is the jam/moonshine operation still active or inactive.

Also other than keeping the ride’s name in the story, why not say “.....Your getaway vehicle? A souped up coupe! Fly over hills and around tight curves as you try and escape, ya might even survive a few rollovers(inversion reference.). “

Just my thoughts.
Last edited by RollerBee on August 31st, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
More surprises coming soon . . . :thumbup:

Yesterday was just about the coasters. Didn't want anything else to overshadow it. I would expect more details about Blue Ridge Junction in the coming months (but don't expect them to announce new names for the ship and PvsZ lol).
coasterbruh wrote:More surprises coming soon . . . :thumbup:

Yesterday was just about the coasters. Didn't want anything else to overshadow it. I would expect more details about Blue Ridge Junction in the coming months (but don't expect them to announce new names for the ship and PvsZ lol).

Coasters? Please tell me that was a typo. Actually, don't. :lol:

Seriously though, the flyers and Scrambler would both fit well in this new section. A Mondial Revolution or Zamperla Discovery would look even better. :shifty: Please?
coasterbruh wrote:More surprises coming soon . . . :thumbup:

What about Dodgems and YoYo?