General Carowinds discussion
By uscbandfan
Boo Blasters guns never work either... or either all of the target lights are out. There's definitely stuff to fix in the park.
By dabrian
1. Nighthawk. I'm not sure exactly how much land it takes up but almost anything would be a huge upgrade.
2. Dinosaurs alive. Seems like a no brainer for future kids area expansion.
By super7
YoYo is worthless after the Wave Swinger was brought back (that should have never left).

BUT Nighthawk makes the park hideous. Especially compared to what was there before it. My vote is Nighthawk.
By leehowerin
My thought is why stop at one?! Nighthawk and Vortex are both dreadful and they are adjacent to each other. Clear them both away and you could build a very impressive wooden coaster or ground-up RMC and it would be phenomenal. I’m going to say in the present, you are more likely to see Carowinds work with GCI because the initial Cedar Fair offerings from RMC have had serious maintenance and operational issues thus far.
By Afterburner
leehowerin wrote:My thought is why stop at one?! Nighthawk and Vortex are both dreadful and they are adjacent to each other. Clear them both away and you could build a very impressive wooden coaster or ground-up RMC and it would be phenomenal. I’m going to say in the present, you are more likely to see Carowinds work with GCI because the initial Cedar Fair offerings from RMC have had serious maintenance and operational issues thus far.

I like the idea of getting rid of both, but since Nighthawk sits over the only prominent body of water in the park, I would rather see that space used for a big steel looper.
By tarheel1231
As far as coasters go, the only one at the park that I feel doesn’t add to the lineup is Vortex. I’m sure it’ll be converted into a floorless coaster regardless of anything that gets posted on here, but in my dream scenario for Carowinds, it’d be replaced with a swinging suspended coaster that flies over the canopy and through the woods over RRR.
By leehowerin
tarheel1231 wrote:As far as coasters go, the only one at the park that I feel doesn’t add to the lineup is Vortex. I’m sure it’ll be converted into a floorless coaster regardless of anything that gets posted on here, but in my dream scenario for Carowinds, it’d be replaced with a swinging suspended coaster that flies over the canopy and through the woods over RRR.

It's kind of the Cedar Fair way to recycle rides to other parks. My suggestion, instead of doing the floorless conversion at Carowinds, move the ride to Dorney Park or Michigan's Adventure, convert it to floorless there and call it something else.
By tarheel1231
I think Ouimet said he wanted to stop relocating rides to other Cedar Fair parks. Of course he's not CEO anymore, but considering the impact he's had on the company (and the fact that he's still chairman), I don't see any coaster at the park getting relocated to another Cedar Fair park.
By CCookieMonster
I just want Vortex to go and be replaced with a world class ride no matter where it goes, because when it's gone, it's a another park's problem...or blessing in Michigan's Adventure.
By redrunner97
Vortex. It sucks as a stand-up, floorless trains would be a waste of money considering how painfully short the ride is (even shorter than the one at CGA).

Plus, the park already has 3 top notch B&M monsters and this one is taking up prime lakefront real estate.
By MISTER FANBOY
A-z coasters wrote:I would say Plants vs Zombies, nobody ever gets a line anymore (or at least it feels like it), feels out of place with the rest of the park, the gun system sucks, and the teams are always unbalanced. It feels more like a 10 year old ride instead of a 2 year old one.

id agree with that because they could bring back last laff or something like it for scarowinds
By solarplexus
I would love for them to kill NightHawk. It's not worth the wait. It was cool in the beginning, but now that it is broken in a bit, it's a squeaky mess. The B&M Flying coasters are orders of magnitude better.