General Carowinds discussion
By Wood Coaster
carolinaman wrote:
Wood Coaster wrote:Does anyone know if the "2018 Great Carolina Fest" is going to run during the Weekdays.

In 2016.... If I remember right it was just a Weekend thing (not sure if Friday was included in that).

I talked to Chef Chris the other day and he said it will be 16 days straight. There will be 6 samples for 25 dollars and then most everything else will be meals on the dining plan, some of the things are Frog Legs and Fries and Pimento Cheese Burger.

Thanks carolinaman.

How much is a sample?
Will it be like in 2016 were you got about (2 or 3 ribs) along with a small side item?
By Wood Coaster
carolinaman wrote:Here is CP Food Blogs article about it. I will be there Sat helping them out out, so lucky I will get to try EVERYTHING!!!!!

http://cpfoodblog.com/2018-carowinds-gr ... lina-fest/

Cool.... Thanks for the link.... I would never I found it otherwise.

If you have any pull out there I would suggest Carowinds to hand out leaflets at all the Gates.....Would make it easier to understand whats it out there & where especially if you have kids.

1.) Menus & Location for the (6) tasting sites .
2.) Menu for the Items that will be at other Locations...... Harmony Hall, Winds, County Fair Fries, Harbor House,...etc..... (Most of these will be on the Dining Plans).
Last edited by Wood Coaster on June 9th, 2018, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pproteinc
Burrito Cafe will stuff you and you will still have food left over. Luigi's Pizza is where you will find the Italian Sub and the chicken parmesan.

Reviews:

Patty Melt at Juke Box is the best item there if you ask me. Nicely toasted, burger is not dry, and the cheese is melted perfectly. I always add a tomato ...PERFECT.

Chicken Parm from Luigi's to me was dry. It didn't have enough sauce for me and I had to ask for extra sauce. Not a fan.

The Brisket bacon cheeseburger from wings is ok. Needs more bbq sauce if you ask me. They changed the wings back to regular fried wings with a special sauce on the side. It's my go to most of the time.

The meatball bowl from the italian stand in Harmony Hall is rather filling. You get about four big meatballs in a bread bowl which is sure to fill you up.
By cadams
Is Burritto Cafe only open on weekends? I work close by and eat lunch at the park a few times a week and it’s been closed I think all season so far on the weekdays I have gone.
By Wood Coaster
cadams wrote:Is Burritto Cafe only open on weekends? I work close by and eat lunch at the park a few times a week and it’s been closed I think all season so far on the weekdays I have gone.

I'm not sure if the Burrito Cafe is open during the weekdays or not. Hope to find out this coming week if my plans for follow through.... The one time I did try to go there they were just shutting down for the day so they are not open all day long.
By Wood Coaster
pproteinc wrote:Burrito Cafe will stuff you and you will still have food left over. Luigi's Pizza is where you will find the Italian Sub and the chicken parmesan.

Reviews:

Patty Melt at Juke Box is the best item there if you ask me. Nicely toasted, burger is not dry, and the cheese is melted perfectly. I always add a tomato ...PERFECT.

Chicken Parm from Luigi's to me was dry. It didn't have enough sauce for me and I had to ask for extra sauce. Not a fan.

The Brisket bacon cheeseburger from wings is ok. Needs more bbq sauce if you ask me. They changed the wings back to regular fried wings with a special sauce on the side. It's my go to most of the time.

The meatball bowl from the italian stand in Harmony Hall is rather filling. You get about four big meatballs in a bread bowl which is sure to fill you up.

I will have to try the Patty Melt at Juke Box then... I had thought all the Burgers were the same throughout the park.... In 2016 the Burgers really good at Sharkey's. Seem to be from fresh meat/not frozen. The last 2 years there still good but not like they use to be.

Definitely have to try the Meatball Bowl especially if we can only get one meal in.
By Wood Coaster
Anybody had a chance to jump in on these yet a the Carolina Food Fest..... Frog Legs & Fries.
Attachments
By carolinaman
^They were good. But these were just a little over cooked to me.
By pproteinc
Just to help anyone out who’s going to be cheap and still want to eat some festival food and have a meal plan.

By Wood Coaster
Found out for Myself that the Funnel Cakes are on the Dining Plans at County Fair.

NOT sure if they are on the Dining Plans at other areas.

Great snack to end the day.
By Wood Coaster
carolinaman wrote:^They were good. But these were just a little over cooked to me.

I agree... Good but I have had better..... But .... Ok for an amusement park that doesn't serve them year around.

The youngest one wouldn't try it..... So..... I slipped a small piece in with a French Fry..... After I told him he laugh & started jumping around like a Frog for the rest of the day.
By Wood Coaster
Lets talk about Food......
Finally a Country Style Theme Restaurant for 2019.....Blue Ridge County Kitchen.

For me this is what this Park has been missing.

Hope the Menu will serve Breakfast... Better yet a "All Day Breakfast".

Biscuits.... Country Ham.... Bacon.... Gravy.... Grits (no sugar) I hope are on the Menu.
By Panthersfan43
Can we talk about how generic burrito cafe name is.It sounds like something out of RTC.