General Carowinds discussion
Footer isn’t the correct word. It was used incorrectly by enthusiasts who apparently misheard.

A footer goes at the bottom of a page. Not at the bottom of a support.

“The <footer> tag defines a footer for a document or section. A <footer> element should contain information about its containing element. A <footer> element typically contains: authorship information.“

I mean, you can go on using the incorrect word, but it’s incorrect.
Lol a You Tube link. I don’t see rollerbee’s posts unless someone quotes him thankfully.

Do me a favor. Google both terms and see how long it takes you to find someone referring to a footing as a footer. I’ll wait..

Regardless, the correct term is still Footing by definition.
Edwardo wrote:Lol a You Tube link. I don’t see rollerbee’s posts unless someone quotes him thankfully.

Do me a favor. Google both terms and see how long it takes you to find someone referring to a footing as a footer. I’ll wait..

I agree footing is the technical term, but if you google “concrete footer” pretty much all of the results are what we are talking about #thanksforwaiting

ANYWHO - Are there enough concrete and rebar footerings to see if the layout matches up yet?
Rabidfrog wrote:
Edwardo wrote:Lol a You Tube link. I don’t see rollerbee’s posts unless someone quotes him thankfully.

I agree footing is the technical term, but if you google “concrete footer” pretty much all of the results are what we are talking about #thanksforwaiting

ANYWHO - Are there enough concrete and rebar footerings to see if the layout matches up yet?

HA GREAT COMEBACK!!! Unbelievable how some people can get so bent out of shape over a word. Meanwhile I’m sure someone at some point will measure up the footerings(lol!) to see if they Match up with the leaked layout that’s going around. So excited for this new coaster and it’s footer,footings or Footerings.
Last edited by fonzlinney on June 14th, 2018, 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's a toma'toe' - toma'toh' instance for footing/footer. Both are correct. (Is a hotdog a sandwich? LOL)

When people on here were saying "blueprints," it makes me cringe. They are called plan(s) or construction documents (CD's). Blueprints were back in the old man river era when plans were produced with strong chemicals.
Grammar and Vocabulary are two totally different things...

“Grammar is the set of structural rules that govern the composition of sentences, phrases, and words. For example, how to conjugate verbs and put them into sentences. Vocabulary is the set of words that are familiar within a language. For example, a list of parts of the body, hair, eyes, lips, teeth, is vocabulary.”
Rabidfrog wrote:

I dont think enough footers have been poured as of yet. I will be at the park tomorrow and will see what I can see. The position of the drill seemed odd now... vs where it was last week.... Not sure what they would start would, I would assume storage, break run, and station...
Jackalope1217 wrote:why are we arguing over a stupid word

I didn't see any arguing. I saw a discussion happening on a discussion board until people started escalating it. :think: Even then, it didn't seem like an argument to me.

fonzlinney wrote:
Rabidfrog wrote:

HA GREAT COMEBACK!!! Unbelievable how some people can get so bent out of shape over a word. Meanwhile I’m sure someone at some point will measure up the footerings(lol!) to see if they Match up with the leaked layout that’s going around. So excited for this new coaster and it’s footer,footings or Footerings.

You seem to be the one taking this to the next level. Edwardo was merely making a point. Why is everyone attacking him?