General Carowinds discussion
Ok first off I’m going to the park tomorrow so I’m going to try and get some photos. Does anyone remember in mid May when the construction cam was still up and working and we saw a huge tarp on the construction site near boo blasters getting covered with a lot of dirt? Does anyone know what that was for? Also I have a feeling that we will be able to know the layout come early July due to the footings
So OhioValleyCoasters toured the Mack factory this morning. There was nothing in the pictures that I could say that was officially discernible as track for our coaster, but from the looks of it, it appears some Mega coaster track is being fabricated and rusted outside of the factory. Considering how far along construction is at the park, that’s probably our ride, but if it is, we still don’t know the colors yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkCaSOqFaoO/?hl=en

I think that pinkish-red track is for the Eurosat CanCan Coaster.
That 'tarp' you saw is something like a Geotextile Fabric. One of its uses is to strengthen the soil.

If you have been up I 85 recently between Charlotte and Salisbury, you will see they put down similar fabric before pouring concrete for the roadway.
SafetySam wrote:Has anybody heard anything about the camera...is it going to be fixed is it even broken at all and there just waiting for the announcement of the ride?

Seriously...that camera not being available makes it so hard to see how the Footers are going. I'd love to see more footers to be able to compare the footers already drilled in place to the footers in the drawing that's been floating around. I never thought how exciting footers would be, but I just know that all this talk about footers get people going, so I'm all in. Do they install footers on weekends? or at least drill the footers holes for the footers to go in, on weekends? That would be the ultimate commitment if footers work was happening on days besides weekdays when we know they are doing footers anyway. :wink:
No construction has been going on over the weekend, unless I’m blind. There aren’t many footers in place yet, Hiveminded posted a photo of what has been done, not much. We probably won’t see the construction webcam go live again until announcement time.

We’re aren’t too far away from July Fourth so teasers may start around that time. Won’t take much to confirm the name of the coaster if you believe it’ll be Copperhead Strike.
I'm just going to say one thing. Are people really mad that he posted, "The more you know?" I hope you all know that that is an early 90s NBC commercial. I guarantee you that we say that to each other out in the real world all the time after stating something that the other person did not know. It's never meant to be an insult. It's funny and nostalgic for us.
Anyway, how about that dirt moving?