General Carowinds discussion
Edwardo wrote:I think you need to look up the definition of opinion. It is a verifiable fact that the correct term is footing.

“Edwardo was trying to help drop some knowledge so those screenshots you took will slowly start reflecting the correct term. As I see it, Edwardo is trying to make sure the enthusiast community doesn't look ignorant when it comes to using the proper terms.”

QFT

Also, again this isn’t a Grammat issue. It’s a vocabulary issue.

I mean we're already 127 pages in so who's going to take the time to correct themselves on all the times they said "footers." At this point I think it's too late to make us not "look ignorant."
Ya know, a little tinkering in the word censoring feature could come in handy here, but that would be as silly as the rest of this discussion, wouldn't it?

Word: footer
Replacement: footlong

Word: footing

Call it whatever you prefer and move on. I'm having a hotdog.
Wormy wrote:Ya know, a little tinkering in the word censoring feature could come in handy here, but that would be as silly as the rest of this discussion, wouldn't it?

footlong.png
Word: footer

Word: footing

Call it whatever you prefer and move on. I'm having a hotdog.

Bahaha! I love it and i’m at the park today and I may have a foot-long .
Last edited by fonzlinney on June 14th, 2018, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just wasted 10 minutes of my time reading the last couple of pages. When I first logged on I was like 'Oh look here, there are two whole new pages today, what happened over night, did track arrive or something?' :x
Capler wrote:I just wasted 10 minutes of my time reading the last couple of pages. When I first logged on I was like 'Oh look here, there are two whole new pages today, what happened over night, did track arrive or something?' :x

I KNOW RIGHT?! I was looking at the pages like "TWO new PAGES? Some track must've arrived, or some type of announcement, or something exciting." Then I got so disappointed when I all I found out was there was more bickering about footers vs. footings and possible teasers coming soon- which we all knew was expected.
I just got home from the park (I may go later tonight with a friend for some night rides). They were working in a specific area most of the day I was there. There are quite a few footers (err footings) dug now (near the ladder game, you get a better view from Windseeker) and there is a big area dug that wasn’t like that last week. I don’t know if it’s for a possible tunnel or just for utilities or maybe even a small pond. I have no idea, but it is interesting. Here are some pictures I got today.

Image below is zoomed in of what I was talking about. Looking at my pictures from last week, it wasn’t like this last week. It is relatively deep too.

And a picture of the hotel progress, because why not.

EDIT: Sorry about the sideways pictures. They were fine on the mobile site. No idea how to make them not be sideways. I took the pictures on my phone in portrait orientation, maybe I need to do landscape?
Last edited by mdsmith98 on June 14th, 2018, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the picture update from today, very nice work. Good to see there was like 3 pages of the word "footer" being discussed :lol: I will try to get some good pictures of the footers tomorrow, if I can.
Carolinacoasterguy wrote:Possible teasers coming soon?

Is it just me...I follow both Carowinds and "carowindspark" on Twitter, yet I see no teasers such as this one. Or....maybe I just don't know how twitter feeds work

Also, are both of these owned by Carowinds? iow, which is the "official" park account.
Great pictures! Any speculations on that part that’s being cleared out across the parking lot behind the coaster construction site. It would be great if they were digging a tunnel and the Coaster could turn around on that area being cleared across the parking lot.
KIJester wrote:
Carolinacoasterguy wrote:Possible teasers coming soon?

Is it just me...I follow both Carowinds and "carowindspark" on Twitter, yet I see no teasers such as this one. Or....maybe I just don't know how twitter feeds work

Also, are both of these owned by Carowinds? iow, which is the "official" park account.

Its on instagram...
mdsmith98 wrote:I just got home from the park (I may go later tonight with a friend for some night rides). They were working in a specific area most of the day I was there. There are quite a few footers (err footings) dug now (near the ladder game, you get a better view from Windseeker) and there is a big area dug that wasn’t like that last week. I don’t know if it’s for a possible tunnel or just for utilities or maybe even a small pond. I have no idea, but it is interesting. Here are some pictures I got today.

5538DAAB-8174-46DD-9277-C6D7807696D8.jpeg

Image below is zoomed in of what I was talking about. Looking at my pictures from last week, it wasn’t like this last week. It is relatively deep too.
BC84C0FD-A7DB-407A-BA69-CA670A52E2F7.jpeg

C3041AD2-4467-44B7-BB76-47F606530DE0.jpeg

And a picture of the hotel progress, because why not.
17DE5059-4BFD-4DFD-94CE-2A120FA0420F.jpeg

EDIT: Sorry about the sideways pictures. They were fine on the mobile site. No idea how to make them not be sideways. I took the pictures on my phone in portrait orientation, maybe I need to do landscape?

Great pictures! Thanks for the update. :)