General Carowinds discussion
You know we have been talking about alpha for so much. We forgot about one other ride. Where are the flyers going to go. Couple areas I can think of

1. Field next to Harmony Hall and Intimidator shop
(Probably to small) (A lot of traffic area)

2. Put in the place of Yo Yo

3. Alpha area

4. Move to area near Hurler

5. The open area near wings

6. It's gone we won't see it anymore (god I hope not)
Last edited by Carowindsman on July 15th, 2018, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carowindsman wrote:You know we have been talking about alpha for so much. We forgot about one other ride. Where are the flyers going to go. Couple areas I can think of

1. Field next to Harmony Hall and Intimidator shop
(Probably to small) (A lot of traffic area)

2. Put in the place of Yo Yo

3. Alpha area

4. Move to area near Hurler

5. The open area near wings

6. It's gone we won't see it anymore (good I hope not)

Why dont you like the fliers? I had some much fun on them as a kid

Edit: Oops your typo threw me off
Last edited by claxicorn on July 15th, 2018, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am still getting an error 404 message
Last edited by Panthersfan43 on July 16th, 2018, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
When they originally removed them, they told us they were going over by county fair. So I am guessing #3 and that they will go in the area somewhere that is under construction. We know how thing can change, though.

So going off alleged blueprint, red circle would be the top hat element, light blue is a few footers in succession which could be the second vertical loop coming out of the top hat element.
Pleas correct me if I am wrong But on the blueprints the ride goes into a banked turn before the second loop.Maybe the footers haven't been poured yet but from that photo it didn't look like much space was left for the turn
The webcam is also down for me now, was working fine yesterday AM. They were digging a trench and putting small piping in it on Friday.... Wondering if its going to be for water elements or if they are going to build some new food stands etc. Do you guys also think they will gut the old bath house and use it as a new bathroom, or will it be demolished?

I think the footers so far are for the station, roll out of the station, and first turn into the launch, as well as some being poured for the overbank.... They were out towards the middle friday digging, one drill was parked, as dirk's photo also shows. This is the part of the ride I think they are working on now... as well as maybe the brake run?

Here is a horrible trace of the footers so far, I am sure someone has done better :lol:
Attachments
I think that the piping is for a copperhead to spray "venom" on riders.

Edit not for the whole ride just one part
Last edited by Panthersfan43 on July 16th, 2018, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.