General Carowinds discussion
I haven't been paying much attention. Is the only confirmation we have for Magic Mountain that video where they said a Mack was going to California? If so, how do we know that's MM? Also, how do we know the gentleman who uses English as a second language and lives 4,500 miles away across an ocean didn't just mess up and mean to say Carolina?
I honestly have no idea. I'm curious. Is there construction at MM? I haven't been paying them any attention.
Chris wrote:I haven't been paying much attention. Is the only confirmation we have for Magic Mountain that video where they said a Mack was going to California? If so, how do we know that's MM? Also, how do we know the gentleman who uses English as a second language and lives 4,500 miles away across an ocean didn't just mess up and mean to say Carolina?
I honestly have no idea. I'm curious. Is there construction at MM? I haven't been paying them any attention.

Yes Chris, the only criteria they are using is what the guy said in the video. I honestly feel the same way as you and think it was a slip up and he meant Carolina. The track in the clip appeared to be about ready for shipping and Carowinds should be about ready to receive track. MM has just begun clearing out an area for a future attraction, which means they likely have months of demolition to go.

Something else to consider is that MM already has two launched coasters. There are many other things the park could get that would not be a duplication.
Chris wrote:I haven't been paying much attention. Is the only confirmation we have for Magic Mountain that video where they said a Mack was going to California? If so, how do we know that's MM? Also, how do we know the gentleman who uses English as a second language and lives 4,500 miles away across an ocean didn't just mess up and mean to say Carolina?

As stated above, MM is getting something in the back corner of the park where Psyclone and Deja Vu used to be. Granted, their construction isn't as far along as ours is, but they also tend to open new attractions mid-May rather than mid-March since they're a year round park.
Coasterphreak wrote:

As stated above, MM is getting something in the back corner of the park where Psyclone and Deja Vu used to be. Granted, their construction isn't as far along as ours is, but they also tend to open new attractions mid-May rather than mid-March since they're a year round park.

And the theming at MM isn't much. It's typical six flags. The most interesting thing about the park is the topography, the "mountain" part. It really is a hike to get around it or up and over the top. Incidentally the flying coaster at MM is AMAZING, compared to the Carowinds one.

I've been to MM twice. Once this year, once about 3 yrs ago, right after they had made Collosus into Twisted Collusus by RMC. That RMC and X2 are the only "must ride" coasters there. Their wooden coaster Apocalypse is fun but the other 2 are the stars. The times I've been there they have a LOT of problems with rides being down for maintenance for extended times. like half the day or longer.

I'm not convinced that their next ride is a coaster anyway. Incidentially, the USA's largest residential planned community is going up RIGHT NEXT DOOR to magic mountain. Something like 20,000 acres of new houses. They have more land left, but not unlimited. I thnk some people looks at all the large amounts of grading they're doing for the residential area, and think that it's a huge grading project for MM.