General Carowinds discussion
Chris wrote:
Capler wrote:Looking more and more like Icon. Icon is 2 minutes and 41 seconds with a length of 3,750 ft.

How long is Time Traveler?

TiT is roughly 3000 ft long, has a holding block prior to first launch and a ride time of 1:57

Icon is 3750 ft long, has a holding block and a ride time of 2:41

Helix is roughly 4500 ft long, does not have a holding block and its ride time is 2:10

Manta is 2800 ft long, has a rather long 1st launch holding block and has a ride time of 2 minutes

I'm thinking ours falls in between Icon and TiT in terms of track length
Also, something else that works against this being a spinning coaster. Those spinning cars added a lot to Time Travelers cost. I can't see Cedar Fair spending the extra money for the same gimmick that opened at a competitors park one year earlier. There would be zero media buzz for a Time Traveler clone that opens next season in the US. My biggest concern is for what Magic Mountain is building. If this is another Mack Blue Fire clone, (all Mack two launchers are Blue Fire clones with some variance), they will get all the press.
On carowinds Instagram page they posted the new teasers,all confirming the name and that is a Mack roller coaster ,I can’t upload the pics for some reason but the main hints are “the buying scrap metal paying top dollar for copper tubing”, the other one says “reporting venomous snakes”
I wonder if corn is being tossed around because copper heads eat em, and possibly is gonna have a old cars theme to it as well
Here they go!
Attachments
Quick question... how are these teasers a confirmation but the ones that said "Arrow Dynamics", "bobsled", etc are not confirmation (that's a rhetorical question before someone answers, "Arrow Dynamics isn't even around" :lol: )? I guess my point is, all of these are teasers. Some may be real. Some may not. Take each one with a grain of salt.
A late 1930s ford car/truck themed Mack zero car would look fantastic. Something like Cameron posted would look good, as well as maybe a Ford Pickup since the theme seems to revolve around a Farm.
Attachments
1937 Ford Sedan
1937 Ford Pick-Up