General Carowinds discussion
Excited to see this area get some love and it looks like it will be a great area now instead of just a walk-through.

I'm also curious about the existing County Fair. I like the idea of a new wooden coaster going there. Let's get that rumor started quick. ;-)

I hope they can make Winterfest a big thing that lasts.

So much going on. Sometimes I really think it would be worth it to quite my horrid day job, leave the stress behind and just work at the park. WOOHOO!! An old guy can dream right?
With the announcement hat we are indeed getting Winterfest, the fact that CP is not only completely remodeling Express, but also adding rooms to that AND Breakers, along with their new sports complex, the idea of Carowinds announcing a hotel and sports complex becomes a little more realistic.
I'm a little suprised at the creation of a whole "new" county fair section. But I like the idea of an area with easy access to numerous flats. I love Drop tower, so I'm glad it'll be a short walk to the two that I'm really excited about, the Top scan and the Himalaya (err Rock'n'Roll or whatever).

I hope Swampfox is right with his prediction of a new woodie in the old county fair. The only problem I can see is that it might be a couple of years for that to happen. I'd bet for the conversion of vortex before the construction of a whole new coaster.

Afterburn is going to be so overlooked on that side the next season or two, squeezed between things that are primarily for kids too small for it.

I'm glad for the repaint of Cobra. It was hideous. My wife doesn't ever remember the names of the rides, so we just refered to it as "the pink one". The only problem is now that we'll have 2 red coasters (but we don't bother with Vortex currently) and now 2 blue coasters to make it more confusing.

But this is an awesome upgrade for a year without a "big" addition.
I actually like Cobra's current colors because they are more unique. Right after it was announced I remember going into my orthodontist's office and asking for coral and teal bands on my braces :mrgreen:
The fact that the old county fair is not being touched that we know of has got me really excited for the future of that area. I could see a lot of cool things coming in that area. We also can't forget about the moving of the service road. There seems to be a lot of things in the works at Carowinds and I can't wait for the years to come.

As for the announcement, I am completely blown away by the level of detail and I can't wait for 2017.
kirkgun wrote:Afterburn is going to be so overlooked on that side the next season or two, squeezed between things that are primarily for kids too small for it.

Yeah, that corner of the park is really hidden. I hope this expansion won't affect Afterburn too much.
Looking at the info about Winterfest, it looks like it might be kind of... not very fun. It sounds like something for Grandma and the little ones (not that they shouldn't have their fun too).

Trees, lights, Christmas Carols, and ornament making... umm...

Can we ride the coasters if it's warm enough?
Guess you're not the only one :thumbup:

Also, if you've been in the park this week, they've changed the lights in boardwalk to red. Next year for scarowinds, this new county fair will look awesome with the red lights overhead. That is if they stick with the idea of adding all the strings lights.
kirkgun wrote:Looking at the info about Winterfest, it looks like it might be kind of... not very fun. It sounds like something for Grandma and the little ones (not that they shouldn't have their fun too).

Trees, lights, Christmas Carols, and ornament making... umm...

Can we ride the coasters if it's warm enough?

Yes the coasters and rides are open if its warm enough, at least they were back when they did the event many years ago. I remember riding top gun in the front row 3 or 4 times in like 35 degree weather!