General Carowinds discussion
KIJester wrote:Incidentally, the KI version (Firehawk) has duel load stations which seems to help with capacity. Does KI still operate both sides on busy days?
I haven't been since 2012, but I don't recall significantly long wait times when both sides are operational.

I think they operate both sides any day. I went last year on an off day (Tuesday) and they were running both sides and most rides through out the park were walk ons.

You all must've forgotten that Nighthawk is the prototype of all flying coasters; it's the first of it's kind so yea it's going encounter issues the newer versions won't have as far as loading and roughness due to train designs. I for one like Nighthawk and it's location. It adds diversity to the line up of coasters that we all ready sit down on at Carwoinds. You just have to know when and when not to ride. Obviously when it was originally built or engineered they felt it only needed one station. After seeing the headache that caused of course Firehawk at KI and Batwing at SFA would have a dueling station and extra elements in their layouts.
pproteinc wrote:all must've forgotten that Nighthawk is the prototype of all flying coasters

It is? Oh . . . news to me.

im just gonna chalk it up to you being too young to remember.
Just don't remove Skytower, Cyclone, Goldrusher, or Woodstock Express. We've got to preserve the park's history, otherwise there won't be anything left to keep that semblance alive. These are classics through and through; not being the smoothest experience in the world isn't a valid reason to rip out any ride IMO, unless it significantly impacts business.

That being said, I think Thunder Road has left a sour feeling in a lot of enthusiast's mouths, like "if Thunder Road got the axe, then that means nothing's safe... what's next"! Personally, I believe that was a unique scenario and I can't see them tossing everything into the dump just because they want the footprint, as there's still a lot of unbroken ground Carowinds' can incorporate into the park any time they want.

Though, I wouldn't mind the world's first Launched Flying Coaster from B&M taking the place of Nighthawk and Vortex! It'd look amazing as the park's true centerpiece, gliding over the water. If the park really wants to keep Vortex around, I'm sure they could find somewhere to reinstall it within the park (or not :lol: ).
Last edited by redrunner97 on May 11th, 2016, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skytower would have to be removed in sections unlike the Space Spiral at Cedar Point unless Vortex or Nighthawk goes at the same time at Skytower. Nothing is sacred, nothing will last forever.
RollerBee wrote:Skytower would have to be removed in sections unlike the Space Spiral at Cedar Point unless Vortex or Nighthawk goes at the same time at Skytower. Nothing is sacred, nothing will last forever.

Obviously everything's eventually going to be replaced. One day Carowinds won't even be here anymore (as morbid as it sounds, that's the truth). But there's nothing wrong with wanting something to last as long as possible, its there?
I think Cobra should go. It's boring, has low capacity, has broken down 100% of my last three visits to the park, and there are a million of its replicas the world over. (Also, last time I checked there weren't very many native species of cobra round these here parts) It may not be taking up much space, but It's the principle of the matter I'm talking about here.

Sometimes you just have to do the right thing, you know?
Surprisingly, for it to be mla million replicas of it, it was my first boomerang. Cobras not a problem and for its size, you get a six inversion coaster!